New GM soundfont - "CompiFont"

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

New GM soundfont - "CompiFont"

Hello everyone! Ladies and Gentleman - I hereby present you the CompiFont, which basically is a compilation of many, MANY soundfonts into one - GM bank.

Short history of the font.

I have seen CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth a while ago (I wonder if it was a year ago or more) and i felt kinda nostalgic about all the MIDI... but I also realised that all the GM soundfonts just doesn't seem to fit my ear. I decided to create my own GM .SF2. Something made out of precisely picked out samples out of every single SF2 file that I will stumble upon. I've made some research on how to make one, found out a program to do it [Viena by Synthfont, many thanks for that]... and spent quite some time on it.

Tributes

What does it comprise? The list is really, really long.
Out of the GM soundfonts used during creation were "Merlin Gold" (Merlin Pixel Arts), "Titanic 200 GM GS" (Congrats Luke Sena!), "Personal Copy" (Jim Roe), but also many more for reference like "Masterpiece" (found on http://fox-gieg.com/rkhive/banks.html), DrummGS, Joe's Best GM, Hubbe64... even good old Gravis Ultrasound was listened to!

And "some" samples as well, which list is incomprehensibly long, and i don't remember all the ones used. There are some certainly worth acknowledging.

PIANO:
Yamaha 9ft Grand, Grand Piano Y-LP1, Clavinova P6 and Yamaha C5 used alltogether and tuned for the best performance as well as some piano instruments of unidentified origin (sorry for all the people that worked hard on all those samples, i simply lost track. The misc piano instruments came out of E-MU Proteus 2000 samples package with minor/major tweaks

GUITARS:
Enormous FG460s II Live Guitar Pack (complete recommendation!), Kamac Distortion Guitar and "Overdrive Guitar" the changes were major here and included samples swapping, Narubasso... sf2?, LesPaul guitars pack, Jackson Distortion Guitar....

WINDS:
UoI Trumpet NV4, Trombone from Merlin, Tuba, Custom(ly) made Trumpet Muted, French Horns from Merlin and French Horns sf2's, Tweaked "Flute (TB)", Ethan's Bassoon, CLARINET, Piccolo CK....

STRINGS:
Cadenza Double Bass, Grand Strings ST, Solo Viola, Super PizzStr and for the "All around strings" comprised Violas soundfonts, "STRING ENSEMBLE11", contrabass soundfont, "String Section3", "PC88 Marcato Strings" as well as "Marce strings", violins from Merlin and more...

DRUMS:
Walthius, Melotti Drums, JD_Drums and Drumkits made from Royalty free Wave samples [I have to make it much, much better i guess]

Download:

Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2f1uqbzbsmlkx5/CompiFont.sf2?dl=0

Re: New GM soundfont - "CompiFont"

Feel free to mail me about any questions and updates to "Tributes section"

[email protected]

Piano additions:
Full Grand.sf2, from one of many packs named "Producer Drums and Samples"

There seems to be some attenuation problems with Trombone. 
It is fixed in current version (just download from first link)
To instafix without downloading: Get Viena, find Trombone and set attenuation on Trombone (not Global/Trumpets 1) on 25.

In newest version:
changed Violin Ensemble to other one, in my opinion, better.
It is taken from earlier version of CompiFont.

Perhaps you should host your SoundFont on Mega? Dropbox has decided that too many people have accessed your public links.

@kode54: repost to Mega.co.nz

https://mega.co.nz/#!BFJFiDKL!CSWy2C-vzZxZmO8s_48oHyEQY-3HiFb8Sbft1vmGvJ4

Enjoy!

Thanks, it's pretty neat so far. I've also compressed it to an .sf2pack with FLAC, reducing it to 41% of its full size, while still being fully usable with BASSMIDI.

Very interesting. BTW do you happen to have a midi file recorded with your soundfont I can use for comparisons? In the meantime you can check my SF recent experiment at:

https://soundcloud.com/abnerchamate/superman-sgmx2

Thank you

I will post my findings after download, thanks again

Another test with some modifications at my soundfont. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaJiGDpdFXY

Pages