Noteur (MIDI editor) plays on one loudspeaker.

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Noteur (MIDI editor) plays on one loudspeaker.

Hi.

I represent a group of users which uses the free program Noteur of Piet Paardekam for arranging midi files especially for crank organs and other mechanical music instruments.

Since Windows Vista it let hear the sound just on one speaker. I have hoped that the mono option wouls solve the problem by putting the left and right sound together.

Is it possible that VirtualMIDISynth can solve this problem?

The program Noteur can free be downloaded at: http://draaiorgelweb.nl/software/notdwen.htm

Regards
Wiel Geraats

Re: Noteur (MIDI editor) plays on one loudspeaker.

Looking at the download page you posted there's a clear statement saying:
"Using Windows Vista causes problems with Noteur. We strongly recommend to use windows XP or a lower version of windows. It can take a while to solve the problems Vista causes, so keep an old PC for this purpose."
That software has some known issues on Vista and later, so I think there's nothing on my side I can do to fix them.

Wiel Geraats wrote:
Since Windows Vista it let hear the sound just on one speaker.

I haven't a Vista machine to test it on, only XP, 7, 8.1 and 10.
Your "since Vista" means the issue is present on Win7 too?

The issue could come from multiple factors, from the most probable:

• Noteur scrambles Windows Mixer balance control.
    Starting from Vista, the balance slider disappeared from Windows Mixer, so there's no easy way to check it.
    To show the balance levels you could follow this tutorial, or install SimpleSndVol external app.
  • Noteur outputs a PAN message over MIDI that maps all the instruments to left or right.
    If so, the same issue should exist with all the installed MIDI devices, like the bundled Microsoft GS Synth.
    Please check it and report.
  • You wrote "I represent a group of users which uses the free program Noteu" but you don't say if all of you have the same issue or you're the only one with it.
    If the latter, maybe you need to update your soundcard driver or double check if it has a dedicated Audio Mixer (Realtek chipsets have a custom Mixer) that can help setting balance.

No other ideas here...

Re: Noteur (MIDI editor) plays on one loudspeaker.

I have tried Noteur on Windows 10.
It now plays on both louspeakers!!!