VirtualMIDISynth 2.x alpha available for testing

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha24 released

Alpha24 of VirtualMIDISynth 2 is now available; here's the changelog:

v.2.0.0-alpha24 - 2015-10-19

• NEW: Configurator tab "About" now has a button to generate a detailed configuration report, to be used for error reporting and debugging.
  • FIX: Optimized MIDI queue; NoteOFF messages now are not dropped in case of a queue-full situation. This should reduce stale notes with Black MIDIs.
  • FIX: Restored resize grip on bottom-right corner of Configurator dialog.
Re: CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha23 released
notator wrote:

Great stuff! :-) But there are no visual cues teling me that. There should really be a small, triangular group of dots in the bottom right corner of the dialog.
Are you sure you have all the flags set correctly in the dialog's properties? Maybe this is a Windows 10 problem...

Alpha24 fixed it, thanks for pointing it out.

notator wrote:
coolsoft wrote:

Last missing feature of VMS2 is WASAPI/ASIO support; this should lead blazing fast audio device access on Windows Vista+.

Looking forward very much to trying it out!

My first test on WASAPI branch are not so good: BASS has a different management for WASAPI audio data that must be pulled/pushed "manually" because it's not done internally by BASS.
The resulting synth is not performant at all; in fact it's very terrible, so it could be a long way to reach an acceptable result!
That's why I'm going to postpone it. WASAPI support will be added after the first 2.0 release...

Alpha 24 prolems: After Alpha 24 was installed, Pian Discover System (16 bit application) sounds is scrambled. Alpha 23 works fine.

Here is what happen: I had Alpha 23 installed. Everything works fine. After Alpha 24 installed, MIDI files played fine but PDS 3.0 (Piano Discovery System) sound becomes scrambled and distorted. I remove Alpha 24 and install 23 back, everything is working fine again.

Here is an old problem, but I'm bringing it up.

I have seen other versions allow unlimited cpu usage. Well, now, I don't know how to do that. Help?

CVMS2Epic wrote:

Here is an old problem, but I'm bringing it up.

I have seen other versions allow unlimited cpu usage. Well, now, I don't know how to do that. Help?

Set the maximum CPU usage to 0.

Well, where do I set it? I can't find where I set it to 0.

CVMS2Epic wrote:

Well, where do I set it? I can't find where I set it to 0.

It has always been here mate. Lol.
http://i.imgur.com/wR14NsE.png

Sadly, CVMS2Epic, when you ask a question on the internet you get an answer from the internet.  That is to say the solution might be there, but if it is than it's little more useful than putting on a blindfold and randomly clicking.  eg The screenshot KaleidonKep99 posted does actually show the solution while drawing no more attention to it than randomly fumbling through the options - something we can assume you've already done without success.

Open the config, go to the Options tab and scroll down.  Look for the Max rendering time percentage used for synthesis (0-100%, 0=no limit) option (4th from the bottom).  It defaults to 95 but, as the setting suggests, changing that to 0 will remove the limit entirely.

ptran3014 wrote:

Alpha 24 prolems: After Alpha 24 was installed, Pian Discover System (16 bit application) sounds is scrambled. Alpha 23 works fine.

That's strange because the only noticeable difference between alpha23 and alpha24 is how "MIDI queue full" situation is handled by internal MIDI queue.
Is PDS freely available? Is there a demo/trial/full version downloadable around there?
Please post a link if yes so I can test it on my side...

Re: CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha24 released
CVMS2Epic wrote:
KaleidonKep99 wrote:
It has always been here mate. Lol.
Thalyn wrote:
The screenshot KaleidonKep99 posted does actually show the solution while drawing no more attention to it than randomly fumbling through the options - something we can assume you've already done without success.

Sorry for not replying immediately (I'm actually busy with my job) and thanks to KaleidonKep99 and Thalyn for their support.

My (sadly long) experience in the IT world taught me how difficult it is to explain something in a way that could be easily got by others.
I mean, something that's really clear to me could be obscure for others, due to different habits, language, locale, experiences, ...

In this particular case, the same option could have been represented by two elements:

• a CheckBox labeled "Enable CPU limiting"
  • a TextBox with limit value, enabled only if the check box is checked

This design, maybe, is better... who knows ;)

Again, thanks for the question (remembered me to better design my UI interfaces) and for replies.

Pages