VirtualMIDISynth 2.x alpha available for testing

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha24 released

Piano Discovery was one of the best Piano learning applications in 1977 in US. Even now it's still the best. Because the company, Jump Music is no longer existed so that the product is not available. You can find it on torrent sites if someone seeds it or you can try other 16 bit application. This is exactly what happened when you change the MIDI queue, the Piano Discovery does not like it. vanBasco's Karaoke Player works fine. 

Here is my testing system:

- Asrock Z87 Extreme6 motherboard

- Intel Core i7-4770k (3.50GHz)

- 32 GB RAM

- 12 TB Raid hard drives

- VMware Workstation 12 Pro

- Windows 7 x86 Home Premium is the guest OS runs in the VMWare.

- Piano Discovery v3.0 (latest version)

I duplicated this problem many times.

Re: CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha23 released
coolsoft wrote:
ptran3014 wrote:

Alpha 24 prolems: After Alpha 24 was installed, Pian Discover System (16 bit application) sounds is scrambled. Alpha 23 works fine.

That's strange because the only noticeable difference between alpha23 and alpha24 is how "MIDI queue full" situation is handled by internal MIDI queue.
Is PDS freely available? Is there a demo/trial/full version downloadable around there?
Please post a link if yes so I can test it on my side...

I used the wrong word "scrambled", actually it plays one note and wait for a while then plays second note or skips a few notes then play. The song is not continued, it is broken into may short sounds.

ptran3014 wrote:

Alpha 24 prolems: After Alpha 24 was installed, Pian Discover System (16 bit application) sounds is scrambled. Alpha 23 works fine.

Testing 16bit applications is nearly impossible for me, because the 16bit subsystem is not available on x64 OSes (like the ones I have on my "real" machines).
I have some 32bit virtual machines, but I use them only to test setup procedures and runtime errors: performances of VMS (as like as most multimedia applications) in a virtual machine are always poor.
Will try it in a 32bit virtual OS.
Could you please upload it to some filesharing URL (like Mega) and send me a PM with the link?

Anyway I still wonder how Alpha23 and Alpha24 can differ so much in performances as theyr code only differs in full-queue management...

I guess  I could be the 16-bit app tester, since I'm running XP x32 natively (Dual-boot with 8.1 x64) on my system.

Just give me a download link to the program. :P

coolsoft wrote:

Testing 16bit applications is nearly impossible for me, because the 16bit subsystem is not available on x64 OSes (like the ones I have on my "real" machines).

I have some 32bit virtual machines, but I use them only to test setup procedures and runtime errors: performances of VMS (as like as most multimedia applications) in a virtual machine are always poor.
Will try it in a 32bit virtual OS.
Could you please upload it to some filesharing URL (like Mega) and send me a PM with the link?

If you have very old PC running XP or a 32 bit Windows Vista/7 (eg a Pentium 4) you can try it. I have several old PCs still running 32 bit OSes (mostly Pentium 4s) which it can still be useful for testing. Although i kinda like better to test some old software and older OSes on real PCs.

Virtual Machines can still be a good chocie and ptran3014 said, he uses a Windows 7 x86 VM for this software

Carlos S. M. - Black MIDI Team Member
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgVv5sa3hZluRZ8AQdq5tEg

KaleidonKep99 wrote:

I guess  I could be the 16-bit app tester, since I'm running XP x32 natively.

Great KaleidonKep99, many thanks for that.

This morning was able to install VMS 1.15.1.
But now I tried to install VMS 2.0.0.alpha24 and I got exactly the same problem that I had yesterday. The installation software doesn't start. The cursor just change to the busy state and it does nothing.
I have just downloaded versions 2.0.0.alpha 19, 20, 21 and 23.
In versions 19, 20 and 23 the installation starts (after that I've cancelled the installation).
In versions 21 and 24 the installation doesn't start.

My computer is an i7 with 16 GB ram and I use Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits.

retrue wrote:
In versions 19, 20 and 23 the installation starts (after that I've cancelled the installation).
In versions 21 and 24 the installation doesn't start.

Based on what you wrote in the other thread, I suppose the problem is not related to setup files but something on your system preventing them to run.
The files you mentioned (alpha19 to alpha24) were built with the same NSIS version and with the same configuration script.
The only, obvious, difference is their content (I mean: same files list but different versions).

Problem solved.
This afternoon I deleted temp files, I restarted the computer several times, and each time I had the same problem. Versions alpha 19, 20, 23 the installation would start but in versions 21 and 24 the installation wouldn't start. In addition to that Windows didn't let me to delete or move the file alpha21 or alpha24. I had to restart again the computer to do that.
Now, after reading the solution you proposed 30 minutes ago for this other guy with the weird issue, the installation starts. I just have to deactivate the antivirus for 1 minute. My antivirus is the last free version of Avast. I have it in silent mode, so it doesn't give error messages, just stop the operation. Whatever changes that there are in versions alpha21 and alpha24 trigger this false positive in the antivirus.

Ciao a tutti,

da giorni sto provando alpha24 sul mio Lenovo Yoga 300 con sopra win10, nessun crash, nessun problema per me.

Mixer sempre aperto e soundfont sempre in memoria (almeno credo, con gli stessi sf2 (300mega Conexant500GMbeta + 280mega PianoYamahaCF3) non c'è più alcuna latenza!).

Facendo partire un sf come Crisis, per la dimensione e per i limiti del mio portatile non caricabile tutto in memoria, suona con mooolti meno saltellamenti.

Il paragone è sempre verso l'ultima stable version.

Per il momento alcun suggerimento, ma a breve troverò il pelo nell'uovo ;)

Pages