VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta3 released

I would like to send you the Dump but its too big. I made one from scummvm and one from vms2. Together they are more then 200mb big.

Cromlech wrote:

I made one from scummvm and one from vms2. Together they are more then 200mb big.

I only need the driver side, so the scummvm one. Usually compressing it with 7zip (.7z) gives the best compression result.
You can send it privately with WeTransfer or Mega.

Message sent :)

Cromlech wrote:
Message sent :)

Just downloaded your MiniDump but it doesn't contain any useful info; it seems it has been captured when no exception is visible.

Dump Summary
------------
Dump File:    scummvm.DMP : C:\scummvm.DMP
Last Write Time:    31/01/2016 17:43:24
Process Name:    scummvm.exe : C:\Program Files (x86)\ScummVM\scummvm.exe
Process Architecture:    x86 (64-bit dump)
Exception Code:    not found
Exception Information:    
Heap Information:    Present

System Information
------------------
OS Version:    6.1.7601
CLR Version(s):    

As you can see, there's no exception code...
Are you sure you captured it while the exception window is visible on the screen?

Anyway, I downloaded the latest build of ScummVM x64 (1.8.0.0-master) and it seems to work ok on my side (I'm not a ScummVM expert so I have changed nothing but the default MIDI device).
I tested it with a small game (bear-storming) and it works.

Dosbox - Master of Magic crash with VirtualMIDISynth

CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-beta4

When I setup Master of Magic to play music through VirtualMIDISynth, dosbox_x64.exe crashes with BEX64 error and points to VirtualMIDISynth.dll as the failing module.

32-bit dosbox crashes the same with BEX error.

Please see the attached video:

https://youtu.be/3wvHvQmO9Qw

OBS did cut the program window at the end for some reason. If it's unclear what is happening then I'm switching to Microsoft GS synth table to show that Dosbox doesn't crash when this is the default MIDI output device.

I reinstalled VMS 1.16 and it works fine with scummvm. After that I installed VMS2 BETA 4 again and it crashes as soon as I start a game (Kings Quest 6 in my case). Both installations were at default settings. I also reinstalled scummvm 1.7.0 32bit and its just the same.

Cromlech wrote:
Scummvm crashes when VMS2 was selected in games with General MIDI. That didn't happen with the last Stable Version of VMS.
robikz wrote:
When I setup Master of Magic to play music through VirtualMIDISynth, dosbox_x64.exe crashes with BEX64 error and points to VirtualMIDISynth.dll as the failing module.

I can reproduce the BEX exception on my side with dosbox; it's caused by a long SysEX message sent during device initialization.
I'm also pretty sure it's the same crash that happens in Scummvm.

I'm working on it, stay tuned...

VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta5 released

v.2.0.0-beta5 - 2016-02-05

• NEW: VMS2 is now able to handle SysEx messages of any size. The IPC queue SysEx size limit has been removed: messages longer than the available space will be splitted and transmitted in parts.
  • FIX: Fix for Chrome bug "Device already opened": now the message is delayed if the locking process has the same PID than the one trying to reopen the driver (replaces the similar workaround added in beta4).
  • FIX: Increased IPC queue size to 100000 elements.
  • FIX: Fixed handling of long SysEx messages, leading to crash with some emulators (Scummvm and dosbox).
  • FIX: Incomplete driver handling of MODM_LONGDATA message (received from winmm.dll) under certain conditions.
VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta5 released

Seems to be working fine for me, thanks for your work!

I updated from alpha 19 to beta 5. Win 8.1 x64 here.

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta5 released

The IPC is still to small to allow VMS 2.x to pass KRASH NOETS.mid.

If you want to test the MIDI, the DL link is in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psxgjvxCHY

Pages