VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Using two instances of VMS
coolsoft wrote:
Take a look here: https://github.com/tebjan/Sanford.Multimedia.Midi and see if it works better than the original one.

Thanks very much for the tip. The new version works perfectly! :-)

I now have a different problem: I have a desktop program that uses the (C#) Sanford library, and a (Javascript) web application that runs inside Chrome. I'd like to use separate VMS instances in these two applications so that I can easily switch between them. Creating two instances of the VMS seems to be no problem -- just select two devices in options/device settings -- but I can't get VMS #2 to work. VMS #1 works, both in my desktop app and in Chrome, but VMS#2 is silent.

How can I get VMS #2 to work?

http://james-ingram-act-two.de/

Re: Using two instances of VMS
notator wrote:
VMS #1 works, both in my desktop app and in Chrome, but VMS#2 is silent.

When you enabled the second device, have you also enabled any soundfont for that device too?
Soundfonts configuration can be set for each device separately.

Maybe you only forgot to enable at least one soundfont for the second one...

coolsoft wrote:

Soundfonts configuration can be set for each device separately.
Maybe you only forgot to enable at least one soundfont for the second one...

Yes, I somehow missed that. More precisely: The soundfonts configuration *must* be set for each device separately.

I set the popup for two devices after setting  #1's soundfont, and then assumed they'd both use the same settings.

My oversight, of course. But maybe there could/should be a prompt if one leaves a device without a soundfont? There is, after all, such a reminder when one installs VMS for the first time...

"VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta released"

Hello, I would love to Power Test This VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta released, What Is It Like You Send Me ? ..... Because I Can not Download This Beta version released , ....... Please Send Me Here In My E- mail , This Beta Version Released VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta released my e-mail: [email protected]

I just installed VMS 2 beta 6 on another machine, and again went through the steps necessary for setting up two devices.

1. installed VMS 2 beta 6
2. linked VMS#1 to a soundFont
3. selected two devices in the popup in Options/Device Settings
4. tried to link VMS#2 to a soundFont, but there was no button for #2 on the Options/SoundFonts  page
5. restarted VMS, found the button on the Options/SoundFonts  page,  and successfully linked VMS#2 to a SoundFont.

As I said in my previous post, there could be a reminder about setting the soundFont(s) for VMS#2 when VMS restarts.
But I'm also thinking that VMS#2 could, by default, simply inherit all VMS#1's settings, including the soundFont(s). That's what I originally assumed was going to happen...

Just brainstorming. :-) 

Re: "VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta released"
Dunga Lima wrote:

Hello, I would love to Power Test This VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta released, What Is It Like You Send Me ? ..... Because I Can not Download This Beta version released , ....... Please Send Me Here In My E- mail , This Beta Version Released VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta released my e-mail: [email protected]

The version can be downloaded from the first post, what you mean with "I Can not Download This Beta version released"? Do you have any error?

notator wrote:
As I said in my previous post, there could be a reminder about setting the soundFont(s) for VMS#2 when VMS restarts.
But I'm also thinking that VMS#2 could, by default, simply inherit all VMS#1's settings, including the soundFont(s). That's what I originally assumed was going to happen...

Next beta will warn if any of the devices has an empty configuration.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Any updates?? It's been almost a month and we haven't received any news...

ady00yo wrote:

Any updates?? It's been almost a month and we haven't received any news...

Sorry for the late reply.
I'm reorganizing and cleaning up things before the first RC release, that will be bublicly available to non-registered users too.
I've had no bug reporting last week(s) so I'm almost confident we've reached a stable point.

I'm going to publish it on VMS1 webpage, to give it the greatest visibility.

I got a bug report for you:

In Guitar Pro 5.2 only quarter, half, and whole notes are played back while editing at 180bpm.
If you go to a lower tempo, say 60 bpm, you can hear 16th notes played back while editing but they are cut off.
When using the MSGS Wave Synth everything works normally, the notes ring out as long as they should.

The software and synth has no problem playing normally, just during the editing process.

Attachments (Only registered users)
VirtualMIDISynth_debug_report.txt

Pages