VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

I don't have any hardware synthetizer, midi keyboard or anything like that. And I don't have installed other virtual synthetizers. I only use VMS to listen to midi files or play old videogames that use midis.
So my question is, is midimapper integrated or bundled inside the default installation of VMS2? Will midimapper be useful to me when I only play midi files?

Yes, VMS 2 includes a MIDI mapper (not sure if it's as complete as the standalone one).

If you only use one synth, you probably don't need to worry about using a mapper, since Windows will always pick the same.

Hello!

Very necessary program!
The first program which correctly works with addresses of GM2 and XG banks.
With our bank simply excellent sounding!
Very much I ask you to add WASAPI or ASIO an exit!
On Win7 x32/Win7 SP1 x32/XP SP3 x32 didn't notice any problems.

Best regards!

We love Music!

http://e-ketronix.esy.es/

retrue wrote:
But I have a doubt. Do I need to install Coolsoft Midimapper too? My OS is Windows 8.1.

Un Windows 8 and later you have to install it only if... you need a MIDIMapper ;)
But... "when do I need a MIDIMapper?"
You need a MIDIMapper if your MIDI software don't allow you to select an output device.

MIDIMapper concept was introduced a lot of years ago, and it was badly configured at first.
At that time a lot of MIDI softwares didn't have a configuration dialog and simply rely on default device.
Control panel had a dialog that shown users a list of registered MIDI devices, allowing them to select one as default; selected device was stored in a well-known registry key.
Well done, now comes the bad part: instead of telling developers "read that key and use that device as default" they were told "you don't need to select a device, simply open device #0".
Device #0 was the MIDIMapper, it opened the selected default device and forward all of the received messages to it.

Some years after, MS removed Control panel item (leaving MIDIMapper device in place) then they removed it too...
More details here: http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/blog/2013/03/what-happened-midi-mapper...

Kaminari wrote:
Yes, VMS 2 includes a MIDI mapper (not sure if it's as complete as the standalone one).

VMS2 does not include a MIDIMapper, it only include a configuration dialog like the one available in Control panel some years ago.
It only changes the registry key above.
It is enabled till Win7 (the last OS having a MIDIMapper device) but disabled from Win8 on.
Installing CoolSoft MIDIMapper together with VMS2, that settings will be enabled again (and you have a new Control panel icon too...).

retrue wrote:
I don't have any hardware synthetizer, midi keyboard or anything like that. And I don't have installed other virtual synthetizers. I only use VMS to listen to midi files or play old videogames that use midis.
So my question is, is midimapper integrated or bundled inside the default installation of VMS2? Will midimapper be useful to me when I only play midi files?

In your case you don't need MIDIMapper, unless you'd like to switch back and forth to/from VMS and the bundled MS Synth (hope not ;)) and your MIDI player don't allow you to select output device.

@Kaminari: thanks for your help ;)

Hi! When connect asio to VMS?

Roman0202 wrote:
Hi! When connect asio to VMS?

It's scheduled for a future version:
Please consider that's a huge task with a not so high demand, so it doesn't have such a high priority.

Again, I did some tests on it in the past (with an emulated ASIO device, I don't have a real one...) than stopped due to stability issues...

Believe - very high priority at an ASIO exit

In network sf2 of synthesizers is a lot of, but there is no with lsb msb addressing and ASIO an exit.

Such synthesizers are necessary to the huge mass of users of Live-Styler (his synthesizer is left very unfinished), to One Man Band, vArranger and same.

There is live execution.
It is possible even to release the paid version with ASIO (but it is inexpensive) - I am sure - the decent number of people will buy. I would give the first 20USD

We love Music!

http://e-ketronix.esy.es/

I'm really proud to announce that VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0 is finally available for download!

It all started on September 2014, when I decided to give VirtualMIDISynth 1 a deep change and remove most of its architectural limits.
I knew it whould have been a long run but, being VMS1 usable and almost stable, there was no hurry to finish it.

It required more than 2 years but it worths the wait.

Thanks to all the people who helped me by testing alpha and beta releases, reporting bugs and suggesting features.
Thanks to the translators, who gave VMS an international feeling.

Here we are, 2.x series is started, at last.
I hope we all enjoy it ;)

Cheers
Claudio

PS: download is always the same
http://coolsoft.altervista.org/virtualmidisynth

Thanks Claudio for the great work :)

Congratulations Claudio! Its a great achievement!

All the best,

James

http://james-ingram-act-two.de/

Pages