[SOLVED] VU Meter Playing Levels Not Shown In Mixer

It seems you're using an AdBlocker or JavaScript is disabled!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).

This 10 seconds wait is to let you update your AdBlocker whitelist...

Got it, show me the content...
Please enable JavaScript!
[SOLVED] VU Meter Playing Levels Not Shown In Mixer

Hi.  First off, I just wanted to say how awesome VirtualMidiSynth is.  I've been playing midi files all the way back to my MS-DOS days (1993?).  I used to use Yamaha-SXYG 100 on my Win 98 machine, and slowly lost good sounding midi playback as operating systems and years progressed.  I still use WinAMP as my music player, and discovered VirtualMidiSynth some time in the past couple of years.  VirtualMidiSynth is simply amazing, and thanks for that!

On to the bug:  On my laptop,

Windows 7 Professional (64 bit), Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601)

It happens with both v1 and now v2 of VirtualMidiSynth, when a midi file is playing, the mixer does not show the VU Meter levels of the individual tracks, but does show it for the Master fader.  I have attached a screenshot.

I'm guessing it's related to my video chip/driver?

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Driver Version:            9.17.10.2867
Operating System:        Windows 7  Service Pack 1(6.1.7601)
DirectX* Version:        11.0
Minimum Graphics Memory:    64 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory:    1696 MB
Graphics Memory in Use:        74 MB
Processor:            Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Speed:        2494 MHz

*   Processor Graphics Information   *

Processor Graphics in Use:        Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Video BIOS:            2089.11
Current Graphics Mode:        1366 by 768

Attachments (Only registered users)
no_VU.jpg
Re: VU Meter Playing Levels Not Shown In Mixer

Dont worry ;)
Your VU-Meter leds is exactly working. :)

See that: every channel has a mini green led, on top. (Not full-sized vu-meter for each channel)

These indicated signal on and off for each channel.

Master and tracks share the same background image with a black vertical rectangle on the left.
In Master channel that space contains the VUMeter, while in tracks it contains the channel program (instrument) name.
Channels also have a small green activity LED at the top of the same rectangular area.

Well, I know that MIDI Mixer needs a make-over, but I'm not so good as graphical designer so... any suggestion is welcome ;)

Oh, hmm.  Guess I was having a Yamaha Softsyth flashback :)

It had active full bar meters for each channel (I think?) and for some reason I thought VirtualMidiSynth was the same.  I just checked my other computer with the older version and it is exactly the same.  My mistake!