VirtualMidiSynth 2.0.0 can not be installed

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VirtualMidiSynth 2.0.0 can not be installed

After which I have discovered for years MIDI, I had the VirtualMidiSynth 1.17.1. Installed. Sorry I can not install the new version 2.0.0. The program crashes during installation whenever the setup window opens. All possible attempts as an administrator under Windows 10 64bit or in the compactness mode will fail.
The Win10 event display shows the following message :

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: VirtualMIDISynth.exe, Version: 2.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x58d2eec0
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: VirtualMIDISynth.exe, Version: 2.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x58d2eec0
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000051a8b
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x620
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d2bbbf3f5ffa53
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\VirtualMIDISynth\VirtualMIDISynth.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\VirtualMIDISynth\VirtualMIDISynth.exe
Berichtskennung: 22fe7361-f0bc-48be-8d76-58fa395aa0f3
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Who can help?

Re: VirtualMidiSynth 2.0.0 can not be installed

Some official online resources states that 0xc0000409 error is related to some OS corrupted files:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_ins...
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/appli...

Best solution is to perform a system file check, as explained in first link.

Thank you for your quick response.

There are no errors in the operating system.

I had just installed the program times in safe mode - there everything works. Have the settings made and then restarted. After rebooting a MIDI file, an error message regarding basssmidi.dll appeared in Danish.

I could then start the Configurator and had to adjust everything again. Then, MIDI files could be played.

Unfortunately, the program now no longer functions after restarting the computer. In safe mode, I can adjust everything, normally the program does not start when calling MIDI files.

Unfortunately, the error message can not be reproduced.

Somehow I have now bent something
In the safe mode again, the settings have been called up and the checkmark at "Start automatically at login".

After restarting the computer, I called a MIDI file and received the following error message:

"Fehler beim Offnen des MIDI Stream

Fehlercode 37

Beschreibung: BASS_ERROR_NOTAVAIL (BASS-STREAM_DECODE) are allowed when using the "no sound" device"

Then I could call the Configurator and choose my sound card. After a restart everything still worked.

I installed the version 2.0.1 today.

Runs well, can set the checkmark for "Start at login". When the Configurator is called up automatically, the program crashes again.

But since the checkbox for the autostart was set, the program is available again after a restart and the configuration is continued.

I could not detect any problems during the operation.
Comically only at the start of the setup - Windows 10 warns against this "dangerous application" :)