How add a control key shortcut and function when key used

Anonymous user
How add a control key shortcut and function when key used

Hi,

I have a panel on my .nsddef file with many checkboxes and I would like a shortcut key (for example "CTRL+0") for uncheck all checkboxes and another shortcut key (for example "CTRL+1") for check all checkboxes.

How I can do that? How capture the shortcut key and where I set the function called when the shortcut key is pressed ?

Thanks for any help that set me on the good road.

Greetings, JL.

Re: How add a control key shortcut and function when key used

By setting a shortcut like CTRL+0 you need to tell your users how to use it, i.e. by adding an help label.

IMHO there is a better way:

• place 2 buttons whith these texts: "Check &all" and "Check &none"
    the & before a character makes that char accessible with the combination ALT+char, so clicking the Check none button or pressing ALT+n shortcut will lead to the same result
  • set the onClick property value of the two buttons to custom functions that check/uncheck all checkboxes
    this function should better stay in your own script and not in .nsdinc generated one

As for the original question, I don't know how to register for an hotkey, but I suppose it requires calling some Win32 API function like RegisterHotKey() and it shouldn't be so easy...
The best place to ask for help on this is the official NSIS forum: http://forums.winamp.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=65

Anonymous user
Re: How add a control key shortcut and function when key used

Thank you, I use your solution and works like a charm !

Greetings.