Twitch player playback in Chrome browser freezes

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Twitch player playback in Chrome browser freezes

I love Virtual Midi Synth, but with the latest 2.0 version, if I run a game using VMS, sometimes afterwards the Twitch player locks up in Chrome. When I try to view a stream on Twitch, I can hear audio, but the video playback freezes. I then have to shut down VMS, and sometimes even have to reboot. This doesn't always happen, but it happens enough to be a problem Any reason why this might happen?

Re: Twitch player playback in Chrome browser freezes

Could the 2.1 Release Beta help with this?

Being it not always reproducible it could be really hard to debug.

The first thing you could try is to blacklist both Chrome and FlashPlayer in VMS.
NOTE: FlashPlayer has a different executable name per version, you need to find it out from Task Manager.

If this fiexs it, then we'll know that the bug is in how Chrome-VMS interact each other.

Otherwise I can suggest the usual checklist reported here: http://coolsoft.altervista.org/virtualmidisynth/faq

Actually, the Twitch player is HTML5, not flash. In any case, the 2.1 beta seems to have fixed the issue. I haven't had this issue  happen since I installed it. I will keep you posted, but so far so good!

Thanks for reporting it.

Maybe it was fixed by the new multiclient feature added to 2.1-RC.

Beware that since that new feature is still in testing, it maybe won't be included in 2.1 final (see the related thread for further info).
It will probably will be postponed to 2.2, so will come back in 2.2-beta.