[Solved] Error when Default Output Audio Device is removed and changes to another Output Audio Device

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
[Solved] Error when Default Output Audio Device is removed and changes to another Output Audio Device

If VirtualMIDISynth driver 2.2.1 has Output audio device set to Default device and Default Output Audio Device is removed and changes to another device, the following error occurs when trying to stream MIDI.

Error Code: 4. BASS_ERROR_BUFLOST

The quick manual fix is to go to the options menu in VirtualMIDISynth driver 2.2.1, and change Output audio device to a specific device and press apply button. Then again change output audio device back to default device and press apply button. This will trigger the VirtualMIDISynth driver 2.2.1 to update default device to the current existing default device.

Sincerely

Carl

Re: Error when Default Output Audio Device is removed and changes to another Output Audio Device

Thanks for your detailed report of this bug.

It should be fixed in next version that will be released in a few hours, with the new dynamic output device feature.
It lets VMS follow changes on default output device while playing (in Windows 10 this is easier to do through the popup selector in volume mixer).
No need to stop and reconfigure output device each time it changes anymore.

Please check it out and feel free to update this thread if needed.

Re: Error when Default Output Audio Device is removed and changes to another Output Audio Device

It is wonderful news that you are fixing that so quickly, with the new added feature. I cannot express  enough, how great sound this MIDI driver outputs, combined with a high quality Soundfont file. I have 6 Soundfont files listed in the VirtualMIDISynth driver 2.2.1. Generally, the larger the Soundfont file, the more realistic the MIDI playback sounds.

Sincerely

Carl

Version 2.3.0 has been released ;)

coolsoft wrote:

Version 2.3.0 has been released ;)

Hi, thanks. I just downloaded VirtualMIDISynth driver 2.3.0. It behaves beautifully. The dynamic output device feature fixes everything. Great work.

Sincerely

Carl