Resetting Windows explorer.exe causes Virtual MIDI Synth's tray icon to disappear

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Resetting Windows explorer.exe causes Virtual MIDI Synth's tray icon to disappear

Hi there, it's been a while since my last bug report but I can't report bugs that don't exist :p

I literally just found what causes the random tray icon disappearings, which it's very annoying when it happens

When the windows file explorer is restarted virtual midi synth's tray icon disappears/doesn't appear with the reopening of explorer.exe

Cheers

Re: Resetting Windows explorer.exe causes Virtual MIDI Synth's tray icon to disappear

Thanks for reporting it.

In fact I've never noticed it because... I've not restarted Explorer for so long ;)

It only needs to detect the TaskbarCreated window message that explorer.exe sends to all windows to let them know the taskbar has been created.
It's a small fix, just applied it and it works.

Will soon release a new version with the fix.

Re: Resetting Windows explorer.exe causes Virtual MIDI Synth's tray icon to disappear

Just released version 2.5.4.

Thanks again for your detailed bug report.

Thanks, I don't reset the explorer daily but yesterday, for example, explorer.exe reset by itself because it crashed when I disconected my phone and left the window of the phone open, and because I tried to close, it crashed and the explorer ended up reseting on it's own and that made the tray icon disapear

Sometimes I reset it when the start menu doesn't want to show up when pressing the windows key because reseting the explorer fixes it

Thanks for your fast work, I tried the 2.5.4 version and the tray icon now reapears every time the explorer is reset :), nice work mate.