Resetting Windows explorer.exe causes Virtual MIDI Synth's tray icon to disappear

Resetting Windows explorer.exe causes Virtual MIDI Synth's tray icon to disappear

Hi there, it's been a while since my last bug report but I can't report bugs that don't exist :p

I literally just found what causes the random tray icon disappearings, which it's very annoying when it happens

When the windows file explorer is restarted virtual midi synth's tray icon disappears/doesn't appear with the reopening of explorer.exe

Cheers

Re: Resetting Windows explorer.exe causes Virtual MIDI Synth's tray icon to disappear

Thanks for reporting it.

In fact I've never noticed it because... I've not restarted Explorer for so long ;)

It only needs to detect the TaskbarCreated window message that explorer.exe sends to all windows to let them know the taskbar has been created.
It's a small fix, just applied it and it works.

Will soon release a new version with the fix.

Re: Resetting Windows explorer.exe causes Virtual MIDI Synth's tray icon to disappear

Just released version 2.5.4.

Thanks again for your detailed bug report.

Thanks, I don't reset the explorer daily but yesterday, for example, explorer.exe reset by itself because it crashed when I disconected my phone and left the window of the phone open, and because I tried to close, it crashed and the explorer ended up reseting on it's own and that made the tray icon disapear

Sometimes I reset it when the start menu doesn't want to show up when pressing the windows key because reseting the explorer fixes it

Thanks for your fast work, I tried the 2.5.4 version and the tray icon now reapears every time the explorer is reset :), nice work mate.