Great software and suggestions

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
Great software and suggestions

Hi,

great program, thank you very much!

I have two suggestions:

• Possibility to design welcome and finish pages (DialogId 1044).
  • Possibility to include RichText control (RichEdit20A).

I'm designing a custom License page and I'm trying to use your program. :-)

Regards

Requests

> design welcome and finish pages (DialogId 1044)
Hope I haven't misunderstood your question...
You can change DialogID property of the dialog itself into the property grid.

> include RichText control (RichEdit20A)
Actually control generation is based on ${NSD_CreateXXX} macros, and there's no such one for the RTF editor.
Anyway it seems that creating an RTF editor control requires only a single call, while filling its content is a complex task (requiring additional System plugin include).
So, control creation and layout can be easily added, but I won't add the loading task; it could be added by the user through custom scripts.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous user

Thanks for considering my requests. :)

>> design welcome and finish pages (DialogId 1044)
>Hope I haven't misunderstood your question...
>You can change DialogID property of the dialog itself into the property grid.

Indeed, that's what I did. :-)

It happens the nsDialogs documentation is wrong because it states DialogId should be 1040 when it really is 1044. Also, the default size of the dialog should be 497x320 pixels instead of 452x230. If your tool provided an option to create welcome/finish pages (Maybe a New->"Welcome/finish page" under file menu) it would save a lot of time to people like me who had to discover both the right DialogID and dialog dimensions.

>> include RichText control (RichEdit20A)
>Actually control generation is based on ${NSD_CreateXXX} macros, and there's no such one for the RTF editor.
>Anyway it seems that creating an RTF editor control requires only a single call, while filling its content is a complex task (requiring additional System plugin include).
>So, control creation and layout can be easily added, but I won't add the loading task; it could be added by the user through custom scripts.

>Any thoughts?

It would be a case similar to the Link control. You can create a link control with your tool, but you still need to define an onClick function (outside of NSIS dialog Designer) to make the link behave as a link. Being able to include, resize and position a RichEdit control using your tool, will save time to developers.

New features

> It happens the nsDialogs documentation is wrong because it states DialogId should be 1040 when it really is 1044.
Filed a bug report here

> You can create a link control with your tool, but you still need to define an onClick function (outside of NSIS dialog Designer)
Fine, I'll take a look ASAP

New version released
  • NEW: Improved support for DialogIDs other than the default one (1018). User can now select 1044 (Welcome & Finish pages) and designer will change dialog size accordingly.
  • NEW: Added RichText control support. It does not support RTF text loading, it must be customized by the user (see here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=288129).
Anonymous user
Thanks!

Thank you very much! :-)