100% CPU load in Cakewalk Sonar

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
100% CPU load in Cakewalk Sonar

When I play MIDI through Windows Media player CPU load about 5-10%, but playing this one in Cakewalk Sonar CPU load about 90-100%.

What could be the problem?

Re: 100% CPU load in Cakewalk Sonar

VirtualMIDISynth, upon start, raises process CPU priority up to realtime and maybe Sonar doesn't like it.

You could try to disable this behaviour by unchecking Increase process priority to REALTIME option into VirtualMIDISynth configurator, then restart Sonar.

Sadly a trial version of Sonar it doesn't seem to exist, so I can't test it on my side...

Anonymous user

It turned out, that there is not any problem with VirtualMIDISynth. When I played midi in Sonar through SB hardware synthesizer task manager as well show CPU 100%. There is in Sonar his own CPU Load and it show 0%. I find out next "... Task Manager show percentage of processor time relatively to total current CPU load, and in Sonar relative to the maximum CPU load". In Sonar better playi midi with VirtualMIDISynth because it loads soundfont on start the program and there is not delay when open a new midi as it is in windows media player.

itkis wrote:
It turned out, that there is not any problem with VirtualMIDISynth.

Thanks for reporting it back.

Anonymous user

Quick question though.

Why is, if you are using SB hardware synth, you are using VirtualMIDISynth ???

What is the advantage of doing such a thing??

Anonymous user

Cakewalk Sonar X2 30-Day Free Trial http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Web-Trial.aspx

itkis wrote:

Cakewalk Sonar X2 30-Day Free Trial http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Web-Trial.aspx

Thanks for the link, but it seems VirtualMIDISynth is not related to this issue.

Anonymous user
Trekky wrote:

Why is, if you are using SB hardware synth, you are using VirtualMIDISynth ???
What is the advantage of doing such a thing??

On my old computer with SB awe64 with VirtualMIDISynths I can load SoundFonts limited to my RAM.