VirtualMIDISynth andCubase Elements 7

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VirtualMIDISynth andCubase Elements 7

Hi, I recently bought Cubase elements 7. In the midi tracks inspector VirtualMIDISynth appears among the midi outputs but if selected it doesn't make any sound. It sounds perfectly with other midi players.

Can you help me?

Leonardo

Salve, ho acquistato Cubase Elements 7. Nell'inspector delle tracce MIDI, VirtualMIDISynth compare fra gli output MIDI insieme con Microsoft GS Wavetable ma se selezionato non produce alcun suono. In altri midi player invece funziona senza problemi.

Potete aiutarmi?

Leonardo

Re: VirtualMIDISynth e Cubase Elements 7

(visto che in inglese te la cavi bene meglio continuare con quella lingua...)

cavari wrote:
if selected it doesn't make any sound

Is there's any activity on VirtualMIDISynth MIDI Mixer? I mean, look at the activity LEDs over each track; do they blink?

If no, then there's something wrong between Cubase and VMS.

If yes, then open Windows Audio Mixer (not the single-slider one but the full one.
Check if there's a Cubase volume slider and raise it to the top.

Another question: is there a demo/trial version of Cubase Elements 7 to try?
Does it have the same issue?

Last question: which operating system are you running Cubase on?

Hello,

About this case, I once experienced it too.

Maybe the main problem is the audio driver sharing, in this case the ASIO driver that use by both Cubase and VMS at the same time. Most ASIO driver is not multi-client, so maybe there is priority conflict that cause VMS has no sound out. Cubase is a DAW, not midi-only application, which use the audio driver once it launched. In other word, VMS lose priority.

For example, I use ASIO4ALL for my Pro Tools and at the same time I cannot use VMS for midi tracks and play audio tracks. I won't have problem if all the tracks are midi-only that route to VMS channels.

So I think, you need to check what Asio/audio driver that you are using and is it multi-client or not, then how to do the settings.

Hope this can help.
And hopefully Claudio, you don't mind for my reply to this case.

Cheers...

kinwie wrote:
And hopefully Claudio, you don't mind for my reply to this case.

Technically detailed posts like yours are always welcome ;)

Cheers

Asio4all driver is not fully compatible with VMS, thats why. solutions here : Use hardware ASIO, wait for VMS VST someday or use another Soundfont loader in your DAW like samplelord. In PT you may need to wrap VSTi (search) Thank you.