Banks, Ports, and Encore

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Banks, Ports, and Encore

I am having a problem with both Coolsoft and Microsoft GS synths that doesn't happen with my soundcard.  I am using Encore music creator and within it's MIDI setup I can select Ports and channels for instruments.  Each port can naturally be assigned to a different synth.  On my soundcard I can assign both ports (A and B) to the same synth and then assign different instruments to the same channels which allow some 30 different instruments.  Both Microsoft GS and Coolsoft will not allow this.  What usually happens is that both port/channel combinations end up playing the same instrument.

Naturally, combining a soundcard synth and software synth causes latency issues and I find that Coolsoft with it's amazing flexibility with soundfonts is my preferred synth but being limited to 16 instruments is a pain.

Is this an inherent issue with software synths or am I just expecting too much?

On another note, (not a pun), I have tried to register several times but get no email response.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 SP 1 Build 7601

Alienware Aurora 0R4 X64-based PC

Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-390K CPU @ 3.2GHz, 3201 Mhz, 6 Cores

Encore 5 Music Software