Synthesia bug

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Synthesia bug

Hello,

I want to report a bug I have experienced since I use VirtualMidiSynth.

When I use VMS to listen to Midis in the program Synthesia (http://synthesiagame.com), there often is a bug in which a music note is suddenly sounded infinitely although it should stop.
The sound of the note just stops when I use the Midi Panic key. The more songs I listen to in one session, the more often will this bug occur.

It primarily affects the strings and brass channels, but also other instruments which are able to hold a note for a long time.
It doesn't appear on piano channels for example. Furthermore, it appears more often in Midis which are longer than about 7 minutes.

I discovered that the bug occurs less often when I disable Real-Time process in the settings of VMS. But it only make it slightly less often, it still happens many times.

The developer of Synthesia doesn't why this is, so I wrote in this forum now. Maybe you have an idea. I attached a Midi with which I often encountered the bug.
It's Britten's "Young People's Guide to the Orchestra".

Thank you for your help!

Attachments (Only registered users)
The Young People's Guide to the Orchestra.zip
Re: Synthesia bug

I played your file a lot of times, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you reported...

Have you ever tried the alpha version of VirtualMIDISynth 2.x?
Please read that thread carefully before trying it.