Can't install on Win7-x64

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Can't install on Win7-x64

Salve,

nelle info è riportato che VirtualMidiSynth è compatibile con windows 7 32 e 64bit ma quando provo ad installarlo (  ho Seven Pro 64bit )  mi compare il messaggio che non è compatibile con il sistema operativo: come posso risolvere?

L'ho appena testato su una

L'ho appena testato su una macchina pulita Win7 x64 SP1 e funziona.
Verifica di avere installato il Service Pack 1 su Win7.

Altrimenti potrebbe essere corrotto il file scaricato.
Prova a scaricarlo nuovamente e verificane la dimensione con quella riportata vicino al link di download.
Per sicurezza è anche riportato l'hash MD5 o SHA1 (puoi usare WinMD5 per verificarlo).

Grazie per la pronta risposta

Grazie per la pronta risposta.
Il file non è corrotto: ho provato ad installarlo su un' altro pc e funziona quindi il problema è del mio pc :)

Anonymous user
Re: Grazie per la pronta risposta

Doesn't seem to want to install for me on a Win7x64 SP1 system as well. I can use the configure, load the soundfont files, etc. and I have tried both versions, 1.9.0 and 1.9.1. I am trying this on a Toshiba C650-01V laptop, 2.3ghz dual core/T4500 with 4 geg ram, conexant 16/24bit - 44.4k/48k on board audio and running the Sonar 8.5 x64 version. I can't even bring up the mixer with the ctrl+alt+m, let alone get Sonar to see the VSynth MIDI. I have a USB-MIDI interface for my keyboards, synths, samplers and drum machine for this laptop, but I wanted to be able to use this laptop for pre-studio editing of MIDI tracks before they go to the studio engine and the "rack." Something I am missing maybe? Is there a solution? Thanks!

Dave wrote:
Doesn't seem to want to install for me on a Win7x64 SP1 system as well.
Dave wrote:
I can use the configure, load the soundfont files, etc.

The 2 sentences above are "incompatible" one each other ;)
Aren't you able to install VMS or have you installed VMS and it doesn't work?

I suppose the latter, so here you are some suggestions:

Dave wrote:
I can't even bring up the mixer with the ctrl+alt+m

The MIDI Mixer appears only during MIDI play (when VMS system tray icon is visible and the drivel DLL is loaded). This is an architectural limit and can't actually be overcomed.

Dave wrote:
let alone get Sonar to see the VSynth MIDI

Some modern DAWs have an option to enable the "previous architecture" drivers (actually I consider them more efficient and lightweight).
See FAQ #6 here for a similar answer about Cakewalk Sonar 5; I suppose it will also apply to your version.
If so, please give me further details and I'll update the FAQ.

Hi

Iam failing to install the virtualmidi synth version 1.10.1 on WIN7 x64. The error message i get says this app needs Service Pack 1 to run. I have checked under Windows Update and SP1 FOR 64 BIT systems is already installed. My os is WIN 7 uLTIMATE X64, with 4gig ram. How can I get around this problem.

Please note that this app was working perfectly on WIN 7 x86 or 32 bit system.

Fordi

Fordi

Maybe something is going wrong on OS detection.

Open a command prompt (with administrative permissions) then run the setup with "/skip_os_check" additional parameter, like:

VirtualMIDISynth_x.x.x_setup.exe /skip_os_check

This will force installation regardless of current OS version.
Please let me know if it works.

Anonymous user

Hi

Thanks for the advise...the app is now installed. However, it appears there is a problem with my setting because both samplitude 2013 and Cubase 4 are not able to open the synth. The error message I get says 'maybe the app is being used by another device'. In Cubase, there is no sound when playing playing midi drum notes i would have created with the drum editor. The level meter shows that the notes are being played but with no sound from the speakers. 

Strangely EnergyXT 2.7 operates without any problems. 

Is this a compatibility issue x64 vs x32?

Thanks

Fordi