Stuttering/playback problems that I have not found any others having.

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Stuttering/playback problems that I have not found any others having.

Hello, you might have heard from us before. Us "blackers". If not, we are people that use programs like PianoFromAbove and Synthesia to play large midi files.

So ever since I uninstalled Bassmidi Synth i got this weird and annoying bug whenever there is a decent amount of note playing. It stutters and have terrible quality, and if it is a bit more intense the sound just repeats itself from the last "non buggy part" like a machine gun. That might seem like a lot to ask for but all other "blackers" using Coolsoft have never had and does not have that error. It is not my PC that lags because its well over good enough to play the songs without any glitches graphics wise. I could use an older version of the midi player (that is 32bit instead of 64bit) but that gives me terrible sound quality compared to when it was working with the 64bit version.

I have tried installing all the older versions of coolsoft and all the versions of bassmidi synth but to no help. I have changed all the coolsoft setting that i am aware of but again to no help.

This is making it very frustrating to me because if i am making a "black midi" i cant play it outside of my editing program without glitches and therefore dont know how it might sound to others without this problem. And i cant play others' midis either without errors and cant make a video of me playing that either.

If you have any idea what can be the cause and/or know how to fix it (within the reasonable so not wiping my PC and reinstalling everything) please let me know.

I am open for any suggestion.

Re: Stuttering/playback problems that I have not found any others having.

Well... I don't have any better idea than yours :(

The first suggestion I could give is ti start from a "really clean state":

• uninstall both VMS and BASSMIDI
  • check if VirtualMIDISynth subfolders under C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 were deleted (BASSMIDI should have similar subfolders named BassMidi).
  • check these registry keys with Regedit:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
    both of them must have no references to VirtualMIDISynth.dll
  • search your C:\Windows folder for bass.dll and bassmidi.dll files, including subfolders and hidden + system files. If any is found delete it (or move away from C:\Windows).
  • double check if your OS device drivers are up to date
  • try to disable your antivirus and any other software running in background

Now reinstall VMS, reconfigure it (the default config should work perfectly on your system) and try again.
Double check if your MIDI application is configured to use VMS directly and not through MIDI Mapper.

Hope this helps.