This thread has been started to let all VirtualMIDISynth 1.x users try the beta version of next major version: version 2.x series, VMS2 from now on.
WARNING: If you're an unexperienced VirtualMIDISynth user you should not try beta versions but fallback to the stable 1.x versions.
VMS2 is actually in release candidate stage; it means that it's quite stable and ready to be released but still need to be tested by the community.
DO NOT use it during your live performances.
Don't worry your system won't be messed up and you can remove it completely (and get back to VMS1), but errors and any other issue could happen unexpectedly.
What's new in VirtualMIDISynth 2.x and how does it differ from the previous version?
See this thread for a detailed explanation.
I'm testing VMS2 on 3 different systems, but I can't fix all of the issues without your help.
If you're ready to test it, download the setup file linked to this post and be prepared to post your comments here.
Each bug report should be as complete as possible (the more the better).
VMS2 has a new feature to help users create a detailed debug report:
Open the Synth configurator dialog, switch to the About tab then click on "Debug report..." button.
A report file will be generated, now you can cut&paste ite content on the forum or attach the whole file.
- Check you're running the latest available version
- Check the post below to see if the bug you're going to describe is already known and/or has already been fixed
- Describe the bug with as much details as possible: what happens, when, what you did
- Try to find a way to reproduce the bug: a sequence of operations, a particular configuration.
Reproducible bugs are easier to fix.
- Post your system details: Operating system version, MIDI Player, soundfont, ...everything that could help.
I suggest you to add these informations to your signature, so it will appear below each of your post.
When will it be released?
In a few words: when ready!
I don't have any scheduled release time for VMS2 because I actually don't know how much I can work on it.
VMS2 development is done on my spare time, which is limited by real job, family, personal tasks, ... sorry ;)
NOTE: if you're an unregistered user, please download files from VirtualMIDISynth page.
PLEASE REPORT BETA VERSION BUGS HERE, do not start new threads in "Bug reports" forum.
- Attachments (Only registered users)