VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released
KaleidonKep99 wrote:
bdg2 wrote:

Is this demo version somewhere where I can download it to compare?

Maybe it's more recent that what I have, or maybe I just need to reinstall.

Here http://winjammer-professional.software.informer.com/

That seems to list Winjammer Professional but only as a way of getting me to give them my email address. There isn't actually any way to download it in the end.

So I uninstalled Winjammer Professional and re-installed it and I still find that if I use VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-rc2 then as soon as I hit OK in WinJammer's MIDI confiure dialog box everything locks up.

THis looks hopeful.

http://vetusabandonware.com/download/WinJammer%20Pro%20Demo%205.0.6/?id=6803

Jovet wrote:
I will point out that I have had strange happenings in the past with older MIDI software, even some I have made myself.  For example, should such an application crash while holding open a MIDI port, the process UI would sometimes appear to close and disappear yet the process itself would hang on for 5-10 minutes, not showing any CPU or IO usage but still holding the MIDI port(s).  It would be unable to be killed by the operating system either.  Telling Task Manager to close it would have no effect.   It would finally complete its termination after a seemingly-random amount of time later.  It was always annoying when it would happen because there was no way around the strange delay.  Even shutting down the operating system did not help.

Maybe Process Explorer by Mark Russinovich (SysInternals) worths a try.
It sometimes give much more info then Task Manager and, also, has a feature to show active handles.

Will give it a try ASAP, but I 'can't make any promise ;)

coolsoft wrote:
Will give it a try ASAP, but I 'can't make any promise ;)

It's okay, you don't need to.

KaleidonKep99 seems to be saying that the demo doesn't do the strange things I see with the full version.

I intend to try the demo version soon but I haven't had a chance yet.

...just making the final steps for first 2.0 stable release.
Actually there's no critical bug waiting, so I'm almost confident it can be released.

I also expect a new storm f (small) bugs coming in when all non-beta users will install it, but that's ok.

One of the things that needs attention is translation: a lot of languages are incomplete and some are unsupported.
Translation task is very easy and can be done completely on-line, no need to download/install softwares and send/receive files...

Please have a look here and, if you think you can help, please contact me.

bdg2 wrote:

It seems the same as the full version in that, for me, you click OK on the MIDI configuration dialogue with VirtualMIDISynth 2rc2 installed without it freezing up.

Maybe I can manage to try the two together on another PC soon.

bdg2 wrote:

Let me try that again, without missing out words :-)

It seems the same as the full version in that, for me, you can't click OK on the MIDI configuration dialogue with VirtualMIDISynth 2rc2 installed without it freezing up.

Maybe I can manage to try the two together on another PC soon.

Hi,

Over the past few weeks, I've been having a problem with VMS 2rc2. The problem may well be elsewhere in my system and not in VMS, but I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing anything similar.

Here's what happens: I install VMS, and everything seems fine. VMS appears as an output MIDI device in both FireFox and Chrome. But then, after re-starting the browser or rebooting Windows, it disappears. Something seems to uninstall it.

I have fixed as many places as I can find in my Anti-Virus software (Norton). Norton knows not to delete the VMS directory or .exe, and its Firewall also knows that VMS is allowed.

The latest version of this problem is that VMS is not completely uninstalled. It is still accessible from the tray, and I can set its preferences, but it does not appear in Chrome's or Firefox's list of available output devices.

I can't find anything else to change in Norton, and am beginning to suspect that Windows 10 is interfering (even though Windows says that Norton is in control of securty). But maybe its a Chrome bug?

Is anyone else having a similar problem? Any idea what else I can try?

http://james-ingram-act-two.de/

I don't remember ever being able to change the MIDI device in FF/Chrome, how do you do that? The MIDI selection is supposed to be automatic in the browser, and it relies on your MIDI system settings (through CoolSoft MIDI Mapper for example).

Pages