VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta2 released

Minor GUI glitches....

1) Right click the icon in the task bar and select Configuration...

2) Select a SoundFont and click the edit button.

3) Click the Cancel button (edit screen goes away).

4) Click the button to save the configuration.

You get the following dialog (which is wrong) and it can be lost behind the main window:

Carlos S. M. wrote:
Aparently Beta 2 have an issue which when i play big Black MIDIs with high voice limits like 2000, the MIDI player starts to slow down (not dramatically as Alpha 17 but kinda like the older Alpha 17).

It slows down because... it has a lot more voices to play together ;)
Next beta will spot a larger buffer, let's see if it's better.

KaleidonKep99 wrote:
Whenever I set the voice limit to a value higher than 2000, it still limits them to 2000.
Carlos S. M. wrote:
The 2000 voices limit problem is casued becasue it still uses the older bassmidi.dll 2.4.9.15 (used in Alpha 24) instead of the newest version (2.4.9.22).

I delayed the update to 2.4.9.22 because of a bug I notified to Ian that was only solved a few days ago.
Next beta will have it.

Steve Wellens wrote:
Minor GUI glitches....

Will have a look, thanks for reporting it.

Steve Wellens wrote:
Minor GUI glitches...

Fixed, together with all the other message boxes that now are all linked to their parent window.
Will be in next beta, thanks for reporting it.

Steve Wellens wrote:
Sometimes, I would loop a track and then change the patch on the fly to see how different instruments sound. For a long time, this hasn't worked... it seems to grab instruments at random. I've been manually changing the patch number as a work around.

I've tried it with my poor knowledge (remember that I'm more a developer than a musician) but can't be able to emulate what you described.
I've seen someting that could be wrong in Record Producer (Record Producer MIDI Edition 5.01.4103), but maybe it's done on purpose: if you change a program then stop/restart playing with the space bar the play restarts with the original programs; if you right click on the patch column (without changint it) it will switch to the previously selected patch.

It should be great if you could make a "video description" of the bug together with the expected result.
Seeing it in action could lead me to the right direction...

coolsoft wrote:

It should be great if you could make a "video description" of the bug together with the expected result.
Seeing it in action could lead me to the right direction...

Try this link:  http://stevewellens.com/MidiProblem.avi

Sorry it's so huge.

PC was not responding. the computer hangs. I booted with Windows 8.1 DVD.

Steve Wellens wrote:

System Restore should not touch your data:

Some settings may be gone, like recent file lists.   Check again, your data should be OK.

https://www.facebook.com/hakfire/

At hakan.ates
For your info, if something like that happens again. In your case I would have booted the computer with a Linux CD Live. It would have let me boot the computer without installing anything. From there I would access all my data and make a backup in some pendrive or external hard disk drive. And then I would have tried to reinstall Windows.
There are dozens of distributions of Linux that can boot from a CD or DVD or a pendrive. Linux Mint Mate or Linux Mint Cinanmon are  among the best ones and their interfaces are somewhat similar to Windows, and they are free. There are a lot of information on the net about how to do this.
http://www.linuxmint.com/

An error occurs when using the MIDI converter reading "Error creating output file: 33". I have tried changing the output format, but the results ended the same way. The soundfont in use was only 3mb. I will try to provide more info if asked.

24gz wrote:
An error occurs when using the MIDI converter reading "Error creating output file: 33".

I fixed it, just in time for beta3...
Thanks for reporting it.

Steve Wellens wrote:
Try this link:  http://stevewellens.com/MidiProblem.avi
Sorry it's so huge.

Will have a look ASAP, but I suppose it will require sometime.
If I found something I'll add to beta4.

Beta 3 is coming in a few minutes...

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta3 released

Beta3 is ready, here's the change list:

v.2.0.0-beta3 - 2016-01-14

• NEW: Readme file is now in HTML format, with better readability and formatting.
  • FIX: Reupdated BASS to version 2.4.11.17, BASSMIDI to version 2.4.9.22, BASSENC to version 2.4.12.9 (were downgraded in beta2).
  • FIX: Uninstall doesn't completely uninstall VMS, leaving some keys around (i.e. Autostart with windows).
  • FIX: Soundfont editor now detects changes to soundfont configuration instead of simply relying on the button (Ok or Cancel) used to close its window.
  • FIX: Message boxes as long as soundfont and blacklist editors now have a parent window to avoid them being hidden below other windows.
  • FIX: MIDI conversion to WAV gives an error under certain conditions.

Pages