pro tools 12 help req

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
pro tools 12 help req

hi  i have installed vsm  in win 7 64  and all works fine in cubase for playing midi files however when i select it in pro tools 12 all appears to be well meters move but no matter what i do i cannot hear any sound if i insert a vi on an instrument track and route my midi to it all plays fine but vsm appears in the predefined menu and when selected no sound is heard .  i am using an emu 0404 pci soundcard with asio drivers  as i say all works great in cubase  i feel its a setting i am missing in pro tools . does anyone use vsm in pro tools

Re: pro tools 12 help req

First thing to check is if VirtualMIDISynth receives MIDI data: open VirtualMIDISynth MIDI Mixer and look at the channels tracks.
Each of them has a "green LED" at the top that blinks when MIDI data is received.

Do you see any activity there?

hi i think it must be a pro tools 12 problem  as the midi mixer is not being called up and does'nt appear in  taskbar. I can select vsm under predefined outputs on the midi channel in 12 but no sound is heard and no sound is showing in my patchmix mixer. But it alll works fine in pro tools 10 (32 bit) also works ok in cubase 64 bit  both when called up vsm midi mixer appears in taskbar dont know if its related but the microsoft gs wavetable  synth is the same  ok in cubase ok in pro tools 10  but not in  pro tools 12 it  can be selected as an output but no sound also tried vsm versiion 2 beta but pro tools 12 wont start with that installed  re installed pt 12 still no good  uninstalled vsm 2 beta and pro tools started working again any ideas

ok i've  sussed it when i connected my toneport  pro tools chose this as its playback engine  this freed up my emu card and vsm midi mixer appeared and the midi sound (vsm) played back out of my emu card  so it would appear that pro tools 12 wont share the soundcard with vsm and wants exclusive use  whereas cubase plays nice and shares

If another software opens the analog audio output device in exclusive use, VMS can't initialize/use it so it fails.

You could try VMS2: it could be configured to start with windows and connect (not exclusively) with audio card.
This way, any other software started after it and requiring an exclusive use should fail (or fallback to non-exclusive use).