Not sure how to set up to work with my games..

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Not sure how to set up to work with my games..

Hello,

I installed VirtualMidiSynth on Windows 10.  I tried running it and choosing it as the default Midi Player Device.

When I try to run a game like Space Quest 3, it tells me I need to download a soundfont.
I downloaded a few but none of them sound right.

I'm trying to run the games, emulating the MT-32 sounds.
Is there a simple way I can use it to play these games & sound like it's coming from the MT-32?

I assume there is an easier way than trying to download a bunch of soundfonts & hoping one comes close.

Re: Not sure how to set up to work with my games..

Can't suggest a specific SF2 because I don't actually remember how MT-32 sound was.

AFAIK the MT-32 synthesis had some runtime features not easily reproducible with SF2 feature set.
A good explanation can be found on Vogons forum here.

That said, soundfont choice is tight related to personal taste.

Re: Not sure how to set up to work with my games..

Ok, I'm really looking for the exact MT-32 MIDI sounds.  I normally use MUNT but wanted a selectable MIDI mapper where I could choose which device I want to use.  I noticed this one allows you to do that, but you need soundfonts.  It'd be nice if it could just let you choose to run the MT-32 Emulator or GS Wavetable.  Anyway, thanks for answering my question  :)