VirtualMIDISynth 2.1 - Release Candidate 2

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.1 - Release Candidate

Hi, Chief,

coolsoft wrote:

@Doug Kerr

It seems that watchdog timeout is too short for some programs.
While testing Overture I saw that it opens MIDI device very early at startup (so the device is set as used by Overture.exe), then it does a huge lot of initialization things keeping the CPU high enough to let the watchdog thread (which is a low priority thread) fail, then - after the initialization completes - I receive watchdog messages at server side but at that time the connection has been killed.

The watchdog is only a safety belt: is a way to detect when a MIDI client crashes or stop unexpectedly and free the used device.
I don't like to raise its thread priority so I've increased its delay up to 8 seconds in RC3.

Thanks for doing that.

I would like to coordindate this with Don Williams of Overture, but he has declared me persona non grata and incommunicado (he doesn't like the format of my posts, among other things) so I have no way to get in touch with him!

He is a very difficult person.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Doug

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.1 - Release Candidate

@Doug Kerr: sorry for that.
Anyway let me know if the new timeout is enough to fix the issue, otherwise I've added a custom configuration setting (not shown in configurator) to change it so we could try to increase it a bit more.

Pages