Support for FluidSynth (better SoundFont 2.01 support)

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Support for FluidSynth (better SoundFont 2.01 support)

Hi! I'm a long time user of VirtualMidiSynth since I had to leave my Audigy out of my machine and so far the sound always has been really close but not exactly as the real deal. Today I stumbled upon this article: https://schristiancollins.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/using-soundfonts-in-2... and I gave FluidSynth a try, the difference is overwhelming in some cases and not so much in others. I was wondering if it's too difficult to add multi-engine support, in order to be able to choose between BASSMidi and FluidSynth. :)

Thanks a lot!

Re: Support for FluidSynth (better SoundFont 2.01 support)

FluidSynth is a great project that is growing so fast.

It's license is LGPL2 so it should be possible for VMS, which is free but closed-source, to use it.... BUT this will be a huge lot of work with a lot of uncertainties.
Again, keeping both synth engines (FS and BASS) together could only make it even worst.

It required a lot of time for me to "get used" to BASS, I can't really afford restarting again from the ground or so.
Sorry ;)