Good job!

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
Good job!

A big thank you for your very nice freeware. The driver works perfectly, and I was so glad when I saw I could reduce the length (size) of the "additional output buffer", to eliminate MIDI playback latency. Thanks to you, now, I can use my M-Audio KeyStudio USB keyboard on my "modern" computers and hear the synthesized sounds instantly. Goodbye Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, goodbye latency, and good riddance! It was so absurd I had to use an old SBlaster Live PCI card on a 2004 computer to avoid latency (Microsoft Synth has a systematic latency (delay) of more than 100 ms, that was ridiculous).

I will get more familiar with your great driver&freeware, and soon I may visit your website again to donate something. I encourage any MIDI-nostalgic guy to download your freeware... now!

Thanks again!

Marc.

Thanks for your kind words ;)

Thanks for your kind words ;)

Anonymous user
M-Audio Keystudio setup ?

Hello There,

Seeing Marc's post about playing realtime with the midi keyboard through VirtualMIDISynth, can you explain how you did setup this solution in terms of drivers and software.

My idea is to find a very simple setup for playing realtime on the keyboard and easily selecting which GM/GS instrument to output. Optionally recording the played notes would be nice too.

Thanks,

I suppose he's using MIDIOX

I suppose he's using MIDIOX to map the MIDI-IN (the keyboard) to the MIDI-OUT device (VirtualMIDISynth).

Anonymous user
MIDIOX

Thanks coolsoft for the tip. I'll look into this solution.