GM Soundfont: MixFont

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
GM Soundfont: MixFont

Hi guys,

so I've been editing this soundfont for some time now, initially just for myself to play DOS games with high quality MIDI music. While making, I listened to a lot of MIDIs in order to adjust the volumes, so it approximately matches the standard Windows gm.dls bank. It's 1.4GB when extracted and is comprised of a bunch of freely available Soundfonts I found all over the web over the years, too many to name really.

I never thought about sharing it, but I figured someone might find it useful so here it is, so have fun: still uploading (496.6 MB compressed)

There might be some unused presets in there, as I haven't really taken the time to clean it up (unused samples have been purged, though). If you have any suggestions for further improvements, let me know.

Re: GM Soundfont: MixFont

here's the link https://mega.nz/#!l4NBlSRS!FjsuwFArsUugOmSm2rdx-lLZ4cTRUs6TeNtQVpS9nQ4

first update: https://mega.nz/#F!ooMnhbiL!yrmroZxCwXzRkG86UETAPA

Overall size after unpacking: 1.8GB. My pc can't play anything with it :X

I'd say - for GM purposes - keep only the GM samples. Delete all the redundant ones. They clog the memory. After that, reupload.
Keep it going though!

Richard Roma wrote:

Overall size after unpacking: 1.8GB. My pc can't play anything with it :X

I'd say - for GM purposes - keep only the GM samples. Delete all the redundant ones. They clog the memory. After that, reupload.
Keep it going though!

Did you disable "load whole Soundfont into memory" in the VirtualMidiSynth settings? My whole idea was to to throw together one big soundfont without any compromises in sample size or amount of voices. I will make a smaller GM only version though later.