Official release 2 seems great

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Official release 2 seems great

Hi Claudio,

I've just downloaded and installed the official release version 2 and so far I'm very impressed indeed when using it with NoteWorthy Composer. It is definitely the best-sounding of all the VMS releases - very clean, with very low intermodulation distortion - so I'd like to thank you for all the work you've done on it over the past two years.

Johnno

Re: Official release 2 seems great

I also just installed release 2 and it killed my Virtual DJ 8 and MidiMaestro.  I found the fix which is to blacklist Virtual DJ 8 in the VMS options, since it doesn't do midi anyway.  Then all works again !!

By the way VDJ8 now can slow down audio without any artifacts - it really works - almost like MIDI.

VirtualMIDISynth just keeps getting better :)

DAVID B GARWOOD wrote:
I also just installed release 2 and it killed my Virtual DJ 8 and MidiMaestro.

This shouldn't happen... what you mean with "killed"?
Is there a way for me to check it out, like a trial version?

Sorry I used "killed".  What happened was that after installing VMS, vdj8 would refuse to run - screen turns white - system error message of vdj8 has stopped working.  I think that for some reason it was trying to load some part of VMS that was not compatible, even though vdj8 is not a midi player. Once this happened then MidiMaestro also quit working.

This is NOT a problem, as the simple fix is to blacklist vdj8 in the vms options.  I just thought that someone might have the same problem and this "fix" would help them out. There is a trial version of vdj8, if you want to take a look at what I experienced.  I am running this on an ASUS T300chi WIN10 x64 system.

Again -NO PROBLEM - just a little help with configuration.  Keep up the good work - I really like VMS!

Dave

DAVID B GARWOOD wrote:
This is NOT a problem, as the simple fix is to blacklist vdj8 in the vms options.

Well, I appreciate your positive approach to the issue ;)
Sadly most of the users are not as smart as you and they will hardly find out a fix for it, because I consider blacklist an advanced feature.

Will have a look at it, thanks for reporting...

I just read the post in "bug reports" - problems with acess, about the new multiple devices setup.  Since I know that vdj8 looks for midi input devices to use as controllers, it occurs to me that I have experienced the same problem, but in a different setting.  Since I do not use any controllers with vdj8, just the keyboard, I did not think of this as the cause.  I had only set up one device in VMS and thus the conflict when I tried to run both vdj8 and MidiMaestro ?? Hope this helps.

Dave

Hi guys, it's been some time ago from which I don't post here.

First of all, I also want to congratulate the dev of CoolSoft for the new release; sincerely the feature of it I love the most is the midi converter!

However, I have a question about the support for multiple soundfounts at once (or not): is it possible to use more than a sondfount into a specific midi file? That is to say, is it possible to load, for example, two soundfounts which correspond to a guitar and a bass instrument, respectibely to play at once in a midi track from a midi sequencer, even it both soundfounts use the same program? I tried doing this by selecting two devices and two soundfounts with no success.

Or, if that's not doable, what thing is this new feature for?

Thanks in advance!

If you like the music, try midi. If you don't like midi, try the music.

HummingBirdGuy wrote:
I have a question about the support for multiple soundfounts at once (or not)

Please start a new thread, do not mix up more than an argument in a single one...

I'm terrybly sorry for that; it's that I didn't want to make a whole lot of posts, so I decided to take advantage of existing ones. It's ok if you don't want to give a reply though.

If you like the music, try midi. If you don't like midi, try the music.

@HummingBirdGuy: never mind, no problem.

I'd like to keep bugs separated from feature requests and general questions, especially just after a such important release.
As you can see a many new bugs are being reported after 2.0 release...