CoolSoft MIDIMapper Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

Re: CoolSoft MIDIMapper beta5 released

Thanks for your kind words, really appreciated ;)

MIDIMapper is almost finished; actually there's no bug around to be fixed so it could be released as final as is, no changes.
But I'd like to stay on the safe side and have at least a Release Candidate before the final version.

As for the fallback feature, that's a good idea for "removable" devices like USB sound cards and USB MIDI external interfaces.
I have to further investigate on it to see how I could check for device existance, stay tuned.
Meanwhile you could create a desktop shortcut to MIDIMapper configurator by right clicking on its control panel icon and selecting "create shortcut"; it will create a shortcut to the desktop that you can use to quickly switch default MIDI device.

During Installation of Beta 5 on Windows 10/32 during the Installation error message pops up:

An error occured: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt

Create folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MIDIMapper
Output folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MIDIMapper
Installing x86 MIDIMapper to C:\WINDOWS\system32\MIDIMapper
Extract: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MIDIMapper\MIDIMapper.dll
Output folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MIDIMapper
Installing x86 Configurator to C:\WINDOWS\system32\MIDIMapper
Extract: MIDIMapper.Configurator.exe
Extract: MIDIMapper.Configurator.exe.config
Extract: README.htm
Registering MIDIMapper driver
Execute: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MIDIMapper\MIDIMapper.Configurator.exe /RegisterDriver
Registering MIDIMapper configurator to Control Panel
Execute: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MIDIMapper\MIDIMapper.Configurator.exe /RegisterConfigurato

OK completes the setu

Hello

MIDIMapper seems to install fine, but when trying to run the program, I get the following error. This can be solved by running the installer "as admin". Is this normal, or is something messed up on my system so that would be manually required (run as admin)? I'm on Windows 10 64-bit.

That registry key is where VirtualMIDISynth (not MIDIMapper) stores its installation path.
When you open MIDIMapper configuration dialog, it scans all available devices; that error is shown at VMS initialization step.

There should be something wrong in VirtualMIDISynth installation, try to remove it, reboot and reinstall again.

mirusawamura wrote:
I installed CMM beta5 on windows 7 x64 ultimate by mistake.(I really didn't need this because windows7 still has "original" midimapper)

On Win7, CMM setup won't touch MIDI drivers registry key because, as you said, it still has the bundled Microsoft MIDIMapper.
It only installs the utility to set MIDIMapper configuration (compatible with MS MIDIMapper), the driver component is skipped.

You checked HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32 key but, on 64 bit OS, you also need to check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32, used by 64bit processes and drivers.

Keep only midi and midi1 keys in place (as it is on vanilla setup) and rename/remove the other midi* keys.

Another key to check is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\MIDIMap (the same for 32 and 64 bit), where MIDIMapper stores its default device name (szPname key).

Anonymous user

I can't seem to get any MIDI sounds with Guitar Pro 5 installing the VirtualMIDISynth followed by the MIDI Mapper beta 5, but Windows 10 General MIDI can...except there are some latency issues when combined with GP's RSE instruments. Not sure where I went wrong, as I followed all the instructions on how to set them up and rechecked over and over...

Im using CoolSoft VirtualSynth for the MIDI in Finale 25 but I'm having some conflict with tha ASIOALL which is been also used for the VST

I would like to download and try the MIDIMappe

How can I get it?

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Israel D Olivieri wrote:
How can I get it?
Thanks a lot!!!!!

As a registered user you can download MIDIMapper from the first post of this thread:
CoolSoft_MIDIMapper_0.9.0-beta5

zymoticplague wrote:

I can't seem to get any MIDI sounds with Guitar Pro 5 installing the VirtualMIDISynth followed by the MIDI Mapper beta 5, but Windows 10 General MIDI can...except there are some latency issues when combined with GP's RSE instruments. Not sure where I went wrong, as I followed all the instructions on how to set them up and rechecked over and over...

I suppose Guitar Pro 5 has an option to set the MIDI output device.
If yes, there's no need to use MIDIMapper (unless you have to): try to configure VirtualMIDISynth as output device directly in Guitar Pro.

Just released Release Candidate 1 (see first post), with a small setup fix for 32 bit OS.

Please report any issue you're experiencing, then the final version will be released soon.

Pagine