CoolSoft MIDIMapper Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

Re: CoolSoft MIDIMapper beta5 released

I admit I am a bit ignorant on midi. I thought a MIDI mapper let me map soundbanks/fonts to the software midi player.

This installed fine I just dont know what it does.D

azdave wrote:

I admit I am a bit ignorant on midi. I thought a MIDI mapper let me map soundbanks/fonts to the software midi player.

THis installed fine I just dont know what it does.D

So the story is that Windows used to have a feature that let you choose the default synthesizer for programs that don't let you explicitly choose which one to use.

Starting with Windows Vista, however, Microsoft stopped including the mapper feature and just forced their included software synthesizer as the default.

Starting sometime after Windows 7, Microsoft even removed the under-the-hood stuff for setting a default, so that even third-party tools couldn't set a default.

What CoolSoft MIDIMapper does is add a new synthesizer driver that displaces the Microsoft one as the forced default, and then provides a GUI for choosing which real synthesizer driver MIDIMapper should route its data to.

thanks

So on my Win10 system I have CoolSoft Midi Mapper, Virtual Midi Synth, and Microsoft GS Wavetable. That is where I  get confused. All 3 are listed as output options typically.  See sample

I take a midi file ( I have bunch of church music)--load it into a player like VanBasco I can play the output through one of the 3.

When I play the midi via VirtualMidi Synth it does NOT have the cool synth out put as an option. IT says I should be able to configure it with the VirtualMidi configurator but that is greyed out. See VSimage1 and VSimage2 showing the options.

THis is fun and I really enjoy playing the music in Notation to see the scores.

Attachments (Only registered users)
vsimage1.PNG
Vsimage2.PNG
sample.PNG

Are you running the latest version of CoolSoft MIDIMapper?

What happens if you open MIDIMapper's mapper GUI instead of VirtualMidiSynth's?

Hi Hunterz

For CoolSoft MidiMapper I am using RC1

If I open the midimappers mapper it has two choices in the drop down VirtualMidiSynth and the MS wavetable synth

That sounds correct. CoolSoft MIDIMapper takes over as the default device and lets you select which of the other two you have installed (VirtualMIDISynth or Microsoft GS) that it should route to when programs are set to use the default device.

So the only thing I see here that's weird is that VirtualMIDISynth's GUI for working with MIDIMapper is partly greyed out. Maybe try reinstalling the latest versions of both MIDIMapper and VirtualMIDISynth, or just use MIDIMapper's GUI to change settings.

HunterZ wrote:
the only thing I see here that's weird is that VirtualMIDISynth's GUI for working with MIDIMapper is partly greyed out.

You're right, but it could be because VMS reads MidiMapper availability only at start.
@azdave: could it be that you installed MidiMapper while VMS was running?

Otherwise, you should please open VMS Configuration, About tab, and generate a configuration report file; then attach that report here.
I'd like to see if MidiMapper is correctly seen by the system.

Brilliant bit of kit, Thank you. I was wondering how to restore MIDI file playing on my new machine with Win 10 loaded.

Any one know of any midi composing software that will run on Win 10 64 bit?

I seem to be al set. I did have VMQS running when I installed CSMM. Uninstalled CSMM, VMM, reinstalled VMM the CSMM (making sure VMM was not running).

It all works now.

Now to find a good notation program!@

Hi azdave,

I've been using 'Mozart' for over 10 years. It's as good as 'Sibelius', actually it's probably better, and a lot less money. And it works perfectly with Coolsoft VMS, soundfont 'Chorium'.

The website is: www.mozart.co.uk

Hope you find this useful.

thedadda48

Pagine