Volume Meter/Peak Indicator Lights up after device disconnection/loading different midi

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Volume Meter/Peak Indicator Lights up after device disconnection/loading different midi

As requested here's the bug report on a new thread, when a midi starts sometimes the volume indicator and the peak indicator light up like if the midi were starting at peaking levels of volume

When in reality it doesn't, even when the master slider it's really low it still does it:

Here I open different midis quickly with wmp:

It doesn't happen with the same midi twice, it's quite random when it happens

It seems to happens sometimes when you close a device

In VKP, because it doesn't close the device as much as WMP it doesn't normally happen unless you close it yourself by spamming stop and play buttons

Sometimes in VKP, the peak indicator does get turn on when changing midis without closing the device

The reason I don't like this behaviour is because it makes me think the midi is already peaking at the beginning so it makes me lower the master slider when in reality it isn't necessary

Cheers

Re: Volume Meter/Peak Indicator Lights up after device disconnection/loading different midi

I found that, upon device instance open/close, BASS returns -1 (0xFFFFFFFF) as volume level.
Since volume level drawing is in a separate thread, this could happen unpredictably during device initialization/deinitialization phase.

Just released 2.5.1 that fixes this bug and... adds a stereo VUMeter to MIDI Mixer ;)
https://coolsoft.altervista.org/virtualmidisynth

Re: Volume Meter/Peak Indicator Lights up after device disconnection/loading different midi

Thanks mate for everything you have done so far o7

I've been testing 2.5.1 and it works great (apart from a random crash that happend only once)

I'm loving the stereo volume meter and the fact that fake peaking doesn't happen anymore, stereo peaking indicator is very accurate now

I also tested 2.5.1 on a old ultrabook from 2011 with windows xp and a really REALLY weak 1 core 2 thread 1.66ghz processor (I was already weak when it came out) and 2 gb of ram

and VMS is definitely really well optimized, with the mixer open it only used 8-12% and with it closed 6-9% with reverb and stereo on, at least with a ~150mb soundfont

If I find any other bug I will report it here in the bug report section

Cheers

Thank you for making such detailed bug reports and suggestions ;)