disabling virtualmidisynth?

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

disabling virtualmidisynth?

First of all, thank you for making this wonderful program

This will probably be my only post, so I just have one question.
I like using this software, but i also have a physical midi device i like to use sometimes. Some games don't let me choose which midi device to use, and vms always takes over as the default. Is there a way to temporarily disable it so I can use my midi device?

Thanks

Re: disabling virtualmidisynth?

Since this question has been asked more than a time in last week, I just added a FAQ for it:

FAQ #13

Hope it helps...

This really does help, thanks!

Is there any chance of making this an option in the program in the future?

Update: the batch file instructions were slightly wrong and my pc insists on using default midi sounds rather than my device, did i do something wrong?

Here's a quick checklist:

• have you run the disable.bat file as administrator (right-click --> Run as administrator)?
  • after running the disable.bat file, is VirtualMIDISynth.dll file renamed to  VirtualMIDISynth.dll.disabled?
  • is the virtual device listed again in VirtualMIDISynth configurator MIDI Devices tab?
wobuffet3 wrote:
the batch file instructions were slightly wrong
Please tell me which fixes they need so I can update the FAQ.

Yes, I ran it as administrator, and both .dll files are renamed, and VMS is not listed under devices.
It was listed before, but I found a duplicate .dll which was not disabled, but I am still having the same problem.

Disable:

ren C:\Windows\System32\VirtualMIDISynth\VirtualMIDISynth.dll VirtualMIDISynth.dll.disabled
ren C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VirtualMIDISynth\VirtualMIDISynth.dll VirtualMIDISynth.dll.disabled
pause

Enable:

ren C:\Windows\System32\VirtualMIDISynth\VirtualMIDISynth.dll.disabled VirtualMIDISynth.dll
ren C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VirtualMIDISynth\VirtualMIDISynth.dll.disabled VirtualMIDISynth.dll
pause

If you're on Win7, I suppose you now have to set the new default device otherwise it will use the first configured one (usually the MS synth).
You could do it using VirtualMIDISynth configurator, MIDI tab.

If you're on Win8, well, you're out of luck if your MIDI client (player) doesn't have a MIDI-Out configuration setting.
See here for details.

I am using win8 and the option is grayed out

this is my current setup 

http://puu.sh/iXVmM/2726bd34b5.png

That option is grayed out because MIDI Mapper has been completely removed in Win8, as I wrote in this blog post.

Sadly, MIDI devices ordering is not configurable (AFAIK) so applications that don't select a specific MIDI device could run in an unpredictable mode...

So I'm pretty much our of luck then?

Pagine