Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth dissapeared

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth dissapeared

when i was configuring CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth and on Windows Media Player default device, there was only Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth and nothing else. can somebody help me?

Re: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth dissapeared

Could you give further details? OS version and bitness?

Checkout the content of these registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

There should be a midi item with value wdmaud.drv.

If you can't solve it, please post here the content of the registry keys above...

Same Problem here. I installed VirtualMIDISynth 2 beta, uninstalled it again and then the Microsoft Midi Synth was gone. I checked the registry keys, they are still there. Not only that but the Volume icon has now disppeared from my task bar...

coolsoft wrote:
If you can't solve it, please post here the content of the registry keys above...

You can export the content to a .reg file with regedit.exe, then copy/paste the relevant values here (I'm interested only in midi* values).

Another option could be to reinstall VirtualMIDISynth 2 beta, open the configuration window, About tab and press the "Debug report" button.
This will generate a detailed report of the configuration, post its content here...