no PDF properties in Explorer columns

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
no PDF properties in Explorer columns

Hello,

Your product works fine on my desktop (Windows 7). Many thanks.

I can manage/sort my hundreds of .pdf files just by clicking on the 4 EXPLORER columns headings of "details view" 

But once you product installed on my "old laptop" (Windows 8) the .pdf properties are not shown in EXPLORER columns (no title, object, author and keywords).

The lapstop (HP) get creazy, use a lot o ressources (van running very hot). Also display in EXPLORER slow down as it seems that it is indexing heavily somewhere in Windows.

By the way, is it possible to add more properties to .pdf files (categories, comments etc with which EDITOR ?) and display them in EXPLORER columns with your PDF properties extension.

Many thanks for your answer. Ready to pay for it as it is for commercial use.

Denis

Re: no PDF properties in Explorer columns

Need to split your requests:

Denis wrote:

But once you product installed on my "old laptop" (Windows 8) the .pdf properties are not shown in EXPLORER columns (no title, object, author and keywords).

• Are you showing the same files on the same disk?
    I mean, do both Win7 and Win8 access the same files on a common network share or, maybe, Win8 reads them through the network while Win7 directly on C: drive?
    Remember that network access it way more slower for such an IO intensive task like PDF parsing.
  • Does Explorer hang even on no PDF folders? The extension is called by explorer.exe only for .pdf files.
Denis wrote:
By the way, is it possible to add more properties to .pdf files (categories, comments etc with which EDITOR ?) and display them in EXPLORER columns with your PDF properties extension.

PDFPropertyExtension actually parses the following fields: Title, Author, Category, Comments, Company, Subject, Keywords, Producer, Creator.
These fields names are translated for each Windows version, so it's not so easy for me to tell you how they are named on your system.

The best way to find them out is the following:

• right click on a PDF file, then select Properties and open the Details tab
  • you'll see all the available fields (with their translated name) as in the second image here
  • now right click on Explorer columns and check the needed columns, or select the last item (Others...) to find them out

If you still have a PDF file with a missing field (shown by Acrobat Reader info dialog but not by PDFPropertyExtension) feel free to post that PDF file here (or privately through the contact form) and I'll have a look.

Denis wrote:
Ready to pay for it as it is for commercial use.

No need for it, PDFPropertyExtension is free even for commercial use.
If you like it and it's useful for your job, feel free to donate as much as you like.