VirtualMIDISynth Portable?

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
VirtualMIDISynth Portable?

Hey,

I was wondering if it was possible to make a portable version of VirtualMIDISynth for if users don't have admin access. If not, can you please provide an MSI of the application? That would be very useful. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous user
Re: VirtualMIDISynth Portable?

Or, instead of an MSI, a ZIP would also suffice.

There's no way to have VMS run without it being installed on the OS: it is a (user mode) driver, so it must be installed and registered.

Essem wrote:
can you please provide an MSI of the application?

VMS setup does a lot of things on the system, i.e. test which other MIDI drivers are installed, test files in use, install and register the new driver.
Also the uninstaller cleans up everything leaving the system as like as it was before install.
Actually setup is built with NSIS, which is lightweight and open source; I honestly don't get the point in rewriing the whole install/uninstal procedure with MSI... This won't allow you to install it without administrator privileges.

Essem wrote:
Or, instead of an MSI, a ZIP would also suffice.

Still don't get the point of a ZIP file, since 99.99% of users won't know how to manually install it.
And, again, you'll need to write into folders and registry keys you need administrative rights to do so.

Would it be possible to use virtualization software such as cameyo to run VMS?

I don't know Cameyo, sorry.

I can only ensure that VMS uninstall leaves nothing behind it, everything is removed, including configuration files.