Some errors regarding VMS 2

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Some errors regarding VMS 2

Hello, a friend of mine has found some bugs in Virtual Midi Synth 2 which I would like to share here:

There's an interference with SPM midi driver (driver to create music with a sound chip from the games Sonic the Edghehog) specially installed in 32 bits, while it worked pretty well before  at the previous version, so that while it is installed any midi doesn't play although you change the mapper to Windows.
Another bug, when we have selected CoolSoft as default device to Windows Media Player, no matter if you increase or decrease the volume, it is not changed and the sound is too loud. Another one (not present in the previous version) if you selected SPM MIDI Driver as default device or YMF262 Synth Emulator (sounds from OPL3) it says that there is not a version for 64 bits, when in fact it's installed for both architectures. And to cap it all of, without deleting any file it started claiming about a dll I don't recall now, it's about a missing module.

From what I can remember he is using Windows 7, in case of doubt. The only bug I've experienced myself was the WPM one; the volume control doesn't work anymore.

Hopefully they can be fixed! Kind regards.

If you like the music, try midi. If you don't like midi, try the music.

Re: Some errors regarding VMS 2
HummingBirdGuy wrote:
There's an interference with SPM midi driver (driver to create music with a sound chip from the games Sonic the Edghehog) specially installed in 32 bits, while it worked pretty well before at the previous version, so that while it is installed any midi doesn't play although you change the mapper to Windows.

What do you refer to with "while it is installed"? VirtualMIDISynth or SPM?
Sorry, can't understand what you mean with "although you change the mapper to Windows".
Could you please rephrase your question?

HummingBirdGuy wrote:
Another bug, when we have selected CoolSoft as default device to Windows Media Player, no matter if you increase or decrease the volume, it is not changed and the sound is too loud.

Now VirtualMIDISynth has its own process, it's not contained into hosting process anymore.
So you need to open the full Windows audio mixer (right click on volume systray icon and choose Show mixer, then change volume of CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth program.

HummingBirdGuy wrote:
Another one (not present in the previous version) if you selected SPM MIDI Driver as default device or YMF262 Synth Emulator (sounds from OPL3) it says that there is not a version for 64 bits, when in fact it's installed for both architectures. And to cap it all of, without deleting any file it started claiming about a dll I don't recall now, it's about a missing module.

Is there a trial/free version of this driver availeble so I can test it on my side?
If yes, could you please post a link?