soundfont chain and numbered LED;s

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
soundfont chain and numbered LED;s

Hello.

I set up 2.0.1 (Windows 10) but can't get the numbered LED's to show like in the picture. I have no numbers in the blocks. The picture also has 4 LED's per soundfont. I only have one. So, I am  only able to assign one or all presets to tracks from the top loaded soundfont. It is as though I have to use a single soundfont for all tracks or have a different soundfont for every track. What am i missing here.

Re: soundfont chain and numbered LED;s

I think you're mixing up devices and tracks; let me explain:

The picture in VMS webpage was taken with 4 virtual devices configured.
You need to open the Options tab and set "Number of devices" to something more than 1.
If the number of virtual devices is 1 (default value), then VMS shows only an "anonymous" LED (there's no need to show a list of 1's).

ramblinjim wrote:
I have to use a single soundfont for all tracks or have a different soundfont for every track.

Each virtual device has 16 MIDI tracks and all of them will use the soundfonts assigned to that device (VirtualMIDISynth #1, VirtualMIDISynth #2, ...).
You can't assign soundfonts to tracks...

Re: soundfont chain and numbered LED;s

Thanks very much. I overlooked the number of devices needed and was thinking, from experience with other programs, that the numbers somehow correspond  to presets in the same or a different soundfont. I guess I was confusing devices with presets (though a track would get one preset), thus a confusion of devices and tracks. I guess the solution is to build 3 or 4 custom soundfonts to chain. Thanks again.