Issues with Guitar Pro

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
Issues with Guitar Pro

The most recent version glitches with Guitar Pro. Notes either won't play or play properly while editing.

Help on Guitar Pro

You mean version 1.4.0, right?

I don't know Guitar Pro, could you please give me some hints on where to find it (website, links, ...).
Does it have a demo/trial version to test?

Anonymous user
Hello,

Hello,

Guitar pro is a tablature editor: you can find it here: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=home and yes there's a demo.

I'm not using it myself, I just saw you got no answer from the previous post.
If it can help. I think it uses its own sound generator so that's pehaps the problem too.

Ben

Thanks, I'll give it a look

Thanks, I'll give it a look ASAP.

Just tried the demo version

Just tried the demo version of Guitar Pro 6 on Win7-x64 and it works with VirtualMIDISynth.
Since I'm not an experienced user, I loaded an installed sample tablature, set VirtualMIDISynth as output device under Sound --> Audio settings and played it.

@Serosis: please give further info such as OS version, Soundfont used, system info (CPU, RAM), ...
Also try to disable "Increase process priority" option into VirtualMIDISynth configurator.

Anonymous user
Win7 x64

Win7 x64
Soundfont used is a mixture of sYnerGiGS and MagicSF
AMD Athlon II X2 720 @ 3.42 GHz
4 Gigs RAM

Did what you said with the same results.
Some sounds playback but are truncated and some don't playback at all.

Some more tests...

When you have no sound at all, do you see any activity on MIDI Mixer? I mean the vu-meter bar near the master knob.

Could you also please test it with a full GM SF2 like Chorium_RevA or FluidR3_GM (see above for links)?