Not working with Reaper

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
Not working with Reaper

I just installed the VirtualMidiSynth and ran the configurator and brought up my Midi player (NoteWorthy Player) and damn!  Everything sounds great!  This thing is a 20x improvement over the sound of the GS Wave Synth.  Thanks!

Now, here is the "Interesting" part.  Since the test went well, I wanted to actually use it with my DAW.  I use Reaper for recording and use Midi drum loops as background.  When I loaded the midi file and tried to select the hardware to route it to, Reaper indicates "No MIDI Hardware"  Not even the GS Synth!  If I go back into the CoolSoft configurator and change the midi mapper config back to the GS Synth, Reaper shows my USB Midi out and the GS Synth again but doesn't show the CoolSoft as an option.  If I change the CoolSoft configurator back to the VMS, Reaper once again shows no hardware available.  I'm assuming this is an x64/x32 compatibility issue but I could be wrong.
I have just tried both the x32 and the x64 versions of reaper and they both behave the same way.

I am running Windows 7 with all the latest patches, a Core i7 IvyBridge CPU with 16gb of Ram, Behringer Low Latency USB Interface.

Help!!!  I love the sound of this thing but Reaper doesn't seem to like it!
BTW Reaper is free to try for 30 days so testing should be easy.  http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

Thanks for your help.

I'll have a look at it ASAP.

I'll have a look at it ASAP.
Thanks for your feedback.

Bug fixed

Thanks to Chuck's help we came to a fix for this bug.
It will be released into next version in a few days.