Problem with CoolSoft 1.13.2.0 and Midifile Optimizer 4 Pro ?

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Problem with CoolSoft 1.13.2.0 and Midifile Optimizer 4 Pro ?

Claudio,
It was working with the v.1.12.1 - 2015-01-07 ? 

What do I need to do?  The 13.2.0 was NOT WORKING (MidKar Tech) and I had no choice but to remove the 1.12.1 and

and install the 13.2.0 ... but now the Midifile Optimizer 4 Pro using the CoolSoft 1.13.2.0 does not work? See Error...

Error screenshot

Attachments (Only registered users)
MidifileOptimizer4_Pro.png

Andy Bakke

http://midi-ring.web-ring.info/

Re: Problem with CoolSoft 1.13.2.0 and Midifile Optimizer 4 Pro ?

That error is shown because your MIDI client (Midifile Optimizer 4 Pro) is also using BASS libraries, like VMS, but they are incompatible with the ones required by VMS (I suppose they're too old).
VMS 1.13.x contains updated BASS libs, so that could be the problem.

This is an architectural limit of user mode drivers like VMS.
I've published a FAQ here that explains why this happens.

You have a few workarounds:

• update Midifile Optimizer to the latest version available, that should also have an updated BASS.dll version
  • Try to replace Midifile Optimizer bundled BASS.dll (path of this lib is shown in error message: C:\Program Files\Midifile Optimizer 4 Pro\bass.dll) with the one bundled with VMS 1.13.2.
    NOTE: this could crash Midifile Optimizer, so don't delete the original dll but only rename it so you can get back to a working condition.
  • Switch to VMS 2.x.
    WARNING: it's still in alpha stage but we're close to the first beta, so it's almost ready to be used.

Version 6 working fine here. Nice software btw. You can try other free midi editor from Frieve. Thank you.

I will give it a try on the free software, will try updating the bass.dll for the  Midifile Optimizer 4 Pro too. No $ for software as I am a stroke patience.

Andy

Andy Bakke

http://midi-ring.web-ring.info/