VMSynth MIDI OUT to Hardware Synth MIDI IN

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VMSynth MIDI OUT to Hardware Synth MIDI IN

I think VirtualMIDISynth (VMS) is a great product.
But I may have to give it up in favor of a hardware MIDI synth.

Reason? I just bought a TC-Helicon Voice Live 3 Extreme (VL3X) vocal harmony processor (hardware).
I want to drive its harmony engine with Band-in-a-Box (BIAB), a smart MIDI composer/arranger/sequencer (software).
So, when I select the VL3X as BIAB's MIDI output device, I lose my connection to VMS!

My wishlist item then, is to have a way for me to select VMS as my BIAB MIDI output device (just like now) and to have VMS route the signal thru to the external VL3X.

Way too crazy?
Thanks anyway for your help.

Cyan

Re: VMSynth MIDI OUT to Hardware Synth MIDI IN
Cyan wrote:
a way for me to select VMS as my BIAB MIDI output device (just like now) and to have VMS route the signal thru to the external VL3X.

You mean route all the MIDI traffic to external hardware or just a part of messages.
If the former, well, that seems a non-sense to me because it's equivalent to change the output device in BIAB.

If the latter, I think the better solution is to have BIAB to drive two different outputs and drive its messages to the right one (I don't know if BIAB has this feature).
Otherwise setup a MIDI chain and prepend a MIDI preprocessor like MIDIOX to VMS (I don't know if LoopBe1 is really needed...):

BIAB --> (LoopBe1) --> MIDIOX --> VMS
                            \-> Hardware MIDI