VirtualMIDISynth 2.x alpha available for testing

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha20 released
coolsoft wrote:
KaleidonKep99 wrote:
Ops, I noticed that now. You wanted a VIDEO of the patch. Lel.

Yes, because I'm going to release a "real" MIDIMapper for Windows 8/10 and I wondered if it will compete with yours...

Now I see you're adding the old (Win7) winmm.dll to the folder of the being-patched program, is it?
This should work because Windows Multimedia is almost abandoned by Microsoft, so they won't change it anymore..
Beware only about the licensing of the Win7 dll you're distributing...

The previous patch was actually using the winmm.dll from Windows 7, but now it's a patch from scratch (It adds/edits features by redirecting them to the original winmm.dll)

CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha21 released

Alpha21 relased, with some new features and bug fixes:

v.2.0.0-alpha21 - 2015-09-17

• NEW: SoundFont filename can now be changed by double-clicking on it in soundfonts list.
  • NEW: SoundFont filesize is now shown in soundfonts list.
  • NEW: Increased voices limit to 2000, following BASSMIDI changes.
  • NEW: Updated BASSMIDI to 2.4.9.15.
  • FIX: MIDI devices now persist their state when BASS is restarted (i.e. after a configuration changes).
  • FIX: VirtualMIDISynth does not crash anymore if it goes out-of-memory loading large soundfonts.

A new alpha will soon folllow with fixes to bug reported in the last posts...

CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha22 released

v.2.0.0-alpha22 - 2015-09-27

• NEW: MIDIConverter feature to convert MIDI files to analog (WAV/MP3/FLAC). MIDIConverter uses the soundfont configuration of device #1. This feature is accessible from systray menu.
  • NEW: Optimized settings save/load to/from configuration file.

There's only one new feature left (WASAPI/ASIO) and a couple of bugs (sustaining notes, random hangs, ...) to complete, then we're ready for a beta stage...

CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha23 released

v.2.0.0-alpha23 - 2015-09-27

• FIX: Added missing bassenc.dll to setup.
  • FIX: Extended error message in case of missing external encoder.
  • FIX: MIDIConverter input file selection doesn't work.
  • FIX: MIDIConverter rendering issues on Win8+.

NOTE: External encoders (lame.exe and flac.exe) are actually NOT distributed with VirtualMIDISynth and must be downloaded and installed separately.
This will change in final version, where an automatic download option will be available.

Re: CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha23 released

Sorry, but I really need low latency, and can't (temporarily) revert to version 1.14.1 because it crashes the latest version of Chrome in Windows 10.

Can you raise the priority for solving the latency problem in v2, and/or get v1 to work in Windows 10?

All the best,

James

On August 15, 2015 I said:

notator wrote:

Bug #1: Latency is about 0.5 seconds in v2.0.0-alpha19.
Is there anything I can do about that? In v.1, it was possible to reduce latency by reducing a buffer size in the options. That option seems no longer to be there.
Maybe there's a more informative way to report latency? (See Rendering time below?)

Bug #2: Scrolling the window (score) being played by VMS upsets the sound. The process responsible for scrolling seems to be overriding the process playing the sound (Or maybe they are the same process?? -- see Bug #3).

Bug #3: I've sometimes been getting "Process already in use" error dialogs from VMS. These are a bit difficult to reproduce. They don't seem to affect VMS at all. I can continue without any apparent problem, just by clicking OK.

VMS v.1 is not working properly in Windows 10, but I don't want to go back to Windows 7 and 8.1.
I'd rather help you get v. 2 working properly everywhere. :-)

---

My Config/About says:

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) (10.0.10240)
VMS 2.0.0-alpha19
Memory (MB): total 6135, free 3614 (59%)
Available devices: 1
* VirtualMIDISynth #1:
Active voices: 0
Rendering time: 0%
Update rate (ms): 0

http://james-ingram-act-two.de/

notator wrote:

Sorry, but I really need low latency, and can't (temporarily) revert to version 1.14.1 because it crashes the latest version of Chrome in Windows 10.

On August 15, 2015 I said:

notator wrote:

Bug #1: ...In v.1, it was possible to reduce latency by reducing a buffer size in the options. That option seems no longer to be there...

Well, the buffer size option is still present in VMS2; scroll the options tab down to the end...
Can you confirm you've set it to 0 and the latency is still present?

Thanks for the quick reply! :-)

Yes, I'd missed that the options tab is now scrollable, and that the buffer size option is still there.

I have now set it to 0, and the latency is much better. It now feels like something between 0.1 and 0.2 sec., which is probably what I was getting with VMS1.
Any chance of improving it still further? 

notator wrote:
...the options tab is now scrollable...

...and the dialog is resizable too!

notator wrote:
Any chance of improving it still further?

Last missing feature of VMS2 is WASAPI/ASIO support; this should lead blazing fast audio device access on Windows Vista+.
But consider that VMS2 has a completely different (and complicated) architecture, so I suppose it will always be slower than VMS1.

coolsoft wrote:

...and the dialog is resizable too!

Great stuff! :-) But there are no visual cues teling me that. There should really be a small, triangular group of dots in the bottom right corner of the dialog.
Are you sure you have all the flags set correctly in the dialog's properties? Maybe this is a Windows 10 problem...

coolsoft wrote:

Last missing feature of VMS2 is WASAPI/ASIO support; this should lead blazing fast audio device access on Windows Vista+.

Looking forward very much to trying it out!

coolsoft wrote:

But consider that VMS2 has a completely different (and complicated) architecture, so I suppose it will always be slower than VMS1.

Complicated isn't necessarily the same as slow. Let's wait and see...

Keep up the great work!

Best wishes,
James

Any update about the project??

Pages