Missing "Default MIDI Out device" options/"No soundfont"-error (Windows 10)

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Missing "Default MIDI Out device" options/"No soundfont"-error (Windows 10)

I work in PriMus on windows 10 and have installed both CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth and two SoundFonts (FluidR3 GM decompressed with SfArk, and Timbres Of Heaven) and chosen them as soundfonts for CoolSoft. 
But when I open PriMus I get the message: "No soundfont loaded/enabled."
Since I actually have chosen a SoundFont, the error might have to do with the fact that the "Default MIDI Out device" configuration under "MIDI Mapper" in the CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth Configurator shows this message:
  "Warning: since midi mapper has been removed in windows 8, midi players are required to explicitly select an output device, otherwise the first installed one will be used. Please check if your player allows output device selection and select 'CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth'." 

It is not possible to choose any default MIDI out device at all. 
In the "post setup configuration" after installation, the "Set CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth as your default MIDI Out device" was not an option either. 
I have tried to enable CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth as output device in MIDI-output and -input configuration in PriMus, which had no effect. 

Anonymous user
Re: Missing "Default MIDI Out device" options/"No soundfont"-error (Windows 10)

YES

ME TOO

Any solutions?

THANKS!

Anonymous user

I had the same problem. Uninstalled coolsynth, reinstalled it and set it up again. That fixed it.

fred james wrote:
I had the same problem. Uninstalled coolsynth, reinstalled it and set it up again. That fixed it.

- Thank you Fred James. I have tried that thrice now though, once with the previous version, and all three times without any results, sadly.

Anyone who has any other suggestions?

No MIDI sound on Notation Composer with Windows 10

Ed Burk - August 31, 2015 - 17:33

I keep getting the following message; "No soundfont loaded/enabled. Press OK to open VirtualMIDISynth configurator and load/enable at least on soundfont file. Then remember to restart your MIDI application."

I have tried this for two days and can't get a list in the box to to check or choose. I am trying to get the sound to work in Notation Composer. Since I now have Windows 10... I have been having problems.

Thanks for your help.
Ed Burk

There's a similar error reported here.
It seems that Windows doesn't allow accessing some folders.

Try the workaround suggested there and please report your results.

I too kept getting VirtualMIDISynth's 'No Device found' error on one of my PCs (I tried restalling multiple times as well).  However, VirtualMIDISynth works fine on my two other PCs.  Main difference, it would seem, is that the PCs that work without issue were originally installed with Windows 8 (then subsequently updated to Windows 10), whereas the PC which has the 'No Device Found' error was originally a Windows 7 machine, which was then updated to Windows 10.  So somehow the path from Win7 to Win10 creates issues, whereas the path from Win8 to Win10 is OK.  Another one of those weird Windows idiosyncracies, no doubt.

drewz wrote:

I too kept getting VirtualMIDISynth's 'No Device found' error on one of my PCs (I tried restalling multiple times as well).  However, VirtualMIDISynth works fine on my two other PCs.  Main difference, it would seem, is that the PCs that work without issue were originally installed with Windows 8 (then subsequently updated to Windows 10), whereas the PC which has the 'No Device Found' error was originally a Windows 7 machine, which was then updated to Windows 10.  So somehow the path from Win7 to Win10 creates issues, whereas the path from Win8 to Win10 is OK.  Another one of those weird Windows idiosyncracies, no doubt.

Check if both MME and DirectSound are present in the system, by installing Audacity.

You should see something like this: http://prntscr.com/976rsu

This happened to me on Windows 8.1 a while ago. I wasn't able to use synthesizers nor play games based around DirectSound and MME.