Windows 8 compatibility?

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
Windows 8 compatibility?

This is currently not working with Windows 8, will there be a fix soon?

Further details

AFAIK the only limit we have on Win8 is that it does not have a working MIDIMapper, or better it is not configurable.

Could you please give further details? Player, configuration, kind of error ...

Anonymous user
Re: Further Details

The MIDI synth will not show up anywhere and has a an error message on the midi mapper section saying:

WARNING: MIDI Mapper in Windows 8 is locked on 'Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth' device and cannot be changed. Please select 'CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth' device through your MIDI player configuration options.

Win8

Actually I only tested Win8 Release Preview.

Anyway the message you mentioned is only a warning, shown because I still haven't found a way to configure MIDIMapper on Win8 (it seems locked on the first device, Microsoft GS...).
If you have a MIDI player that allows selecting the output device (like VanBasco or KaraFun), VirtualMIDISynth appears on the list of available devices and works.
Can you confirm it?

> will not show up anywhere
The only visible element of VirtualMIDISynth is a tile for VirtualMIDISynth Configurator.

I'll try Win8 Final in a few days.

Anonymous user
What I mean though...

No no, what I mean by not showing up is it is not appearing on my MIDI outs.

I have three midi programs on my computer, anvil studio, midi trail, and mamplayer and it has disappeared from the MIDI out selections.

Seems to work on my side

I just tried MAMPlayer on Win8-RTM and it seems to work correctly.

Here's a screenshot.

Anonymous user
Windows 8 compatibility?

Worked perfectly in Windows 8 when I selected MIDI Out via the MAM2006 Player. Thanks, VirtualMIDISynth is indeed a COOL product! Veliko