VirtualMIDISynth and the 11th Hour

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VirtualMIDISynth and the 11th Hour

Hi,

I am trying to play the GOG version of "The 11th Hour" using VirtualMIDISynth and I get either intermittant or no audio.  What is strange, though, is that the music plays fine when I Alt-Tab out of the game to the desktop.  I can hear the music in the game just fine when I use Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth.  So it's as if VirtualMIDISynth is "playing in the background" but not in the game.  Is there a way to resolve this?  Thank you.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and using the Timbres of Heaven soundfont.

Re: VirtualMIDISynth and the 11th Hour

My first thought is that the game changes its process priority when focused/unfocused and this could lead to issues with VirtualMIDISynth 1.* which is an in-process synth DLL.

This should be fixed by VMS 2.* (actually in beta stage, near to release candidate) available here.
Please check it out and post here your feedback.

I just tried Beta 6 and it does indeed work!  Thank you very much for your help.  This is a great piece of software, by the way.  I've been using it in conjunction with DOSBox and everything that uses MIDI sounds wonderful.

Thanks for giving your feedback.

VMS2 is almost ready for Release Candidate, open to everyone (not only for registered users).
If you find something wrong, please report it on the dedicated forum thread.