CoolSoft MIDIMapper Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: CoolSoft MIDIMapper beta1 released

Doesn't install for me, gets stuck on "Execute: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\MIDIMapper\MIDIMapper.Configurater.exe /RegisterDriver"

EDIT: Avast was causing it.

I liek midis

I noticed that I can only choose the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth as a 32-bit option; it does not appear under the 64-bit list. Is this normal?

HunterZ wrote:

I noticed that I can only choose the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth as a 32-bit option; it does not appear under the 64-bit list. Is this normal?

No, it's strange. Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth should be available both for 32 and 64 bits.
Could you give further details on your system (OS, version, installed MIDI drivers/software)?

HunterZ wrote:

I found an issue in x64 version of MIDIMapper that could make the driver fail loading under certain conditions.
A fix will be released in Beta3.

OK. If it helps, I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64 build 10586.

Installed MIDI stuff: CoolSoft MIDIMapper, VirtualMIDISynth, Munt (32-bit only at this time), M-Audio MIDISport Uno.

It surely is a valid alternative to the other third-party patches like my recent "MIDI-Mapper for Windows 10", but performances are still the same as before.

I would call this a "MIDI Forwarder" instead of a "MIDI Mapper", I see the only thing it does is forward MIDI events to another driver (Which caused a performance degradation on my side).

EDIT: Restarting Windows fixed the issue for some reasons, but now it tells me that it needs to be registered as first device to work properly (And it actually is registered as first device...)

I fixed the last issue too, it was only happening with 32-bit drivers.

Apparently, your configurator doesn't like my driver. (Even if it's the last MIDI driver in the registry key, as "midi9", it tells me that Keppy's Driver has ID 0.)

And it's slow again, but it's not if a MIDI driver is not loaded.

EDIT: Here's a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58JdVuiUh6Y&feature=youtu.be

KaleidonKep99 wrote:
I would call this a "MIDI Forwarder" instead of a "MIDI Mapper", I see the only thing it does is forward MIDI events to another driver

Isn't a MIDIMapper supposed to be a forwarder?
Wasn't the bundled Win7 Microsoft MIDIMapper a forwarder too?
I think you're just calling the same thing in two different ways...

KaleidonKep99 wrote:
but performances are still the same as before

Well, you should use a Win7 system and compare Microsoft MIDIMapper with CoolSoft MIDIMapper to see which is the best (I did on my tests and they are almost the same).
In your video you show a MIDI player sending data straight to a driver, then to the same driver but through CMM.

Obviously the two configurations can't have the same performances: CMM will add latency for sure (and it's not perfect ;)) like the Microsoft MIDIMapper did.

Passing through a MIDIMapper is the worst thing you can do when you need performances and really low latency.
I also warn about this in VMS MIDIMapper configurator tab: "Warning: please check if your MIDI player has a configuration option to choose MIDI Output device. If yes, please choose 'Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth' there and avoid passing through MIDI Mapper."

CoolSoft MIDIMapper beta3 released
v.0.9.0-beta3 - 2016-06-27
- DLL now acts as a real MIDIMapper and not as a
  MIDI driver anymore.
- Prepared for future integration with VirtualMIDISynth 2.
Re: CoolSoft MIDIMapper beta4 released

Beta4 is now available:

v.0.9.0-beta4 - 2016-07-12
- Selected device is now the same between x86 and x64 versions
- Improved configurator devices list to show available devices bitness

Pages