Anti-virus issues

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anti-virus issues

I'm a new user of this software because I wanted to adjust the quality of MIDi play back after downloading a few demo files from Wikipedia. I downloaded the software and everything looked fine according to the Virustotal report, but a few seconds after I install it, Panda Anti-virus had decided that the configuator is a delicious midnight snack. I think that it's because it went right into the system32 directory instead of something less worrying like Program Files. Is there anyway to choose where VMS goes?

Re: Anti-virus issues

Thanks for your feedback.
Since I'm receiving more than one message like this in the last few weeks, I've wrote a dedicated blog post here:

http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/blog/2016/06/false-positives-are-plagu...

As for your question: no, there's no way to move VMS away from System32 folder because it's a system driver, so Windows needs it to be there (or in a subfolder of it).

VMS2 is a bit different because you can choose the setup folder and move some files out of the System32 folder, but the driver component is still (forcibly) there.