which font is used

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
which font is used

I added two fonts to coolsoft virtualmidisynth 2.0.0-rc1. In my music composition program when I switch the midi to virtualmidisynth #1, it does not tell me which font it will use. Which one will it use?

Also in coolsoft virtualmidisynth config for windows media player default device if I select virtualmidisynth #1 it warns me about selected device not have x64 version.

Is this an problem or normal?

Thanks

Re: which font is used
marc wrote:
it does not tell me which font it will use. Which one will it use?

The soundfont list is a "chain"; it means that enabled soundfonts (the ones with the green LED lighted) will overwrite each other from top to bottom.
If you set a soundfont with GrandPiano and Guitar in slot 1 and a soundfont with only GrandPiano in slot 2, the final result will be GrandPiano from soundfont 2 and guitar from soundfont 1.

marc wrote:
if I select virtualmidisynth #1 it warns me about selected device not have x64 version

There could be sometihng wrong on your side.
Re--run the setup again and pay attention to any warning/error message.

Which OS are you on?
Could you please attach debug report here (see About tab in VirtualMIDISynth configurator).

coolsoft wrote:
Re--run the setup again and pay attention to any warning/error message.

I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and received the same error message about selected device not have x64 version.

coolsoft wrote:
Which OS are you on?
Could you please attach debug report here (see About tab in VirtualMIDISynth configurator).

Windows 8.1.

Attached are two debug reports for before reinstall and after reinstall. During the install there were no warning or error messages.

coolsoft wrote:
The soundfont list is a "chain"

I figure should disable all sound fonts except the one I curretnly want to use by turning off the green led.

Also the program prompts that there is an update, but when I download and install the latest download it is still the older version

Thanks

Attachments (Only registered users)
VirtualMIDISynth_debug_report.txt
VirtualMIDISynth_debug_report_reinstall.txt
version.PNG
marc wrote:
Also the program prompts that there is an update, but when I download and install the latest download it is still the older version
This is a clear sign that something is going wrong.
I've just installed 2.0-RC2, (downloaded from here) and installed it on a clean machine.
It reports version 1.999.999.902 both in current version and available version.

Now:

• uninstall it
  • check that C:\Program Files\VirtualMIDISynth folder, C:\Windows\System32\VirtualMIDISynth.dll and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VirtualMIDISynth.dll files were deleted, otherwise remove them manually
  • reboot (maybe useless, anyway...)
  • re-download the setup file from the link below and install it
  • after setup, right click on C:\Windows\System32\VirtualMIDISynth.dll, open Details tab and check if its version if 1.999.999.902

All listed files and folders are deleted. The upgrade link to me to this page:

http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth#download with 2.0.0-RC1 as the most recent.

I have 902 installled but receive the same error message when I alter the midi mapper default device.

Everything seems to work so no worries.

Thanks

Attachments (Only registered users)
Capture.PNG

That was a "false positive" message, now fixed.
Will land in RC3 (if any) or in 2.0 final.

Thanks for reporting it ;)